My 2300S is here! but regarding the front post....

Started by ajhuff, January 25, 2013, 11:22:19 PM

ajhuff

It made it through the slush storm! Glad I have Amazon prime since it was packed inside a box, inside a box, inside a HUGE box big enough to send a sleeping bag.

I manage to get 5 shots in out in the nasty freezing drizzle. Loving it so far, lots to tweak and play with, EXCEPT! that front post sight. It might as well not be there with my eyes.  ???  Any suggestions from the experts for improvement?

Thanks,

-AJ

chongman

Ahhh, what do you want to do, make it bigger in diameter?

Look around for some electrical wire, strip the insulation off and slide it on the post. Black/red/white etc. till you find something that works for you.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

I'm mounting a Williams peep sight on my 2300s.  Waiting on it to arrive.

If you've never used a peep sight you'll be amazed at the difference it makes in what you see.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

ajhuff

Quote from: chongman on January 25, 2013, 11:30:40 PM
Ahhh, what do you want to do, make it bigger in diameter?

Look around for some electrical wire, strip the insulation off and slide it on the post. Black/red/white etc. till you find something that works for you.

Genius! Never would have though of that. Thanks!

-AJ

ajhuff

Quote from: quickster47 on January 25, 2013, 11:33:28 PM

If you've never used a peep sight you'll be amazed at the difference it makes in what you see.

Carl

I have not so I will be eager to hear your report.

-AJ

breakfastchef

Based on you mention of 'my eyes'...If you plan to continue using open sights, I can recommend the EyePal. It is an removable/repositionable aperture you can affix to perscription or shooting glasses.

http://www.eyepalusa.com/
Larry

ajhuff

Fronzdan

You'd have to drill out the muzzle end of that sight to slip it on the barrel before the brake.  It'll look a little odd too, IMHO.  You might have a height issue too...the brake might be taller.

Tater

Quote from: quickster47 on January 25, 2013, 11:33:28 PM

Carl

I've been having issues shooting a stock 1377 with open sights. I have bifocals and it's really hard to focus on the front sight, so I tried the peep (stock sights). Unfortunately, it didn't help one bit, it was actually worse.
You might want to try some type of basic peep before spending money if you haven't tried them before.

I think I'll have to try the eyepal breakfastchef linked.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 26, 2013, 01:20:42 AM
Based on you mention of 'my eyes'...If you plan to continue using open sights, I can recommend the EyePal. It is an removable/repositionable aperture you can affix to perscription or shooting glasses.

http://www.eyepalusa.com/

x2, works good for me   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

ajhuff

Much easier to see today in the daylight.  :) I still want more contrast so might try Chongman's wire trick.

But... this "muzzle brake," is it really just a decoration? It's not ported or anything. What purpose does it serve?

-AJ

chongman

The CCS muzzle brake adds, somewhat, stability (controversial I know) to the muzzle end of the pistol and provides protection to the crown of the barrel. At the same time you get a cool factor.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

JEBert

Also, the size of the aperture affects how much it sharpens the depth of field and how much light it lets through so you might want to experiment with different size apertures for different shooting applications and your eyes.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

ajhuff

I found my solution:

From Mountain Air Customs.

-AJ

arkmaker †

That Disco front site is sweet! Nice small diameter fiber and it glows bright. Good choice  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22