See what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by tipper1, January 31, 2013, 02:45:02 AM

Brent

That is a Cool look!! Clean, simple, and classy  :-*

What a great idea.

tipper1

there is a seam that goes around the frame once i got that off with a file,I sanded with 100 grit up to 600 grit sand paper,with the 600 grit paper i used oil and polished it  8) Thanks all for the props  :-*

WyoMan

Nicely done tipper1  :-* thats a good project and makes waiting for parts easier   :)
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

airguns100

Tal-strip, would have worked.

Looks "scratchy" clean, though.  8)
The OG gangster of the "bling"

airguns100

Quote from: breakfastchef on January 31, 2013, 04:18:55 AM
Find someone who can sandblast the frame. It is a real timesave and provides a very nice base for painting. A local sign maker will does this for me.

I destroyed a few frames. Be careful using a sand or bead blasting. I tried that, and I also tried chrome plating a crosman frame. They're made from soft El'cheapo pot metal.   ;D   A while back, when i stepped away from the hobby, the last thing i was trying to get a machinists to work on was a aluminum frame or SS. Unfortunately, It just never happened. I couldn't find anyone in my area to machine one , without paying astronomical fees to measure and chop something up, so i walked from the idea.

tipper1

Looks "scratchy" ) yep but it takes a trained eye to see that  8)
[/quote]

airguns100

Quote from: tipper1 on February 01, 2013, 06:32:23 PM
Looks "scratchy" ) yep but it takes a trained eye to see that  8)

just needs a polish, now.  8)

BigErn

Quote from: tipper1 on February 01, 2013, 12:52:37 PM
there is a seam that goes around the frame once i got that off with a file,I sanded with 100 grit up to 600 grit sand paper,with the 600 grit paper i used oil and polished it  8) Thanks all for the props  :-*

I'm no expert but I think 100 grit is way to rough to start with. 100 grit scratches are not easy to get rid of. I start with 220 and end with 1200, then Dremel time. But yours does look good from the pics!

chongman

I'm with BigErn...

I start with the files then 320,400,600, 1000, and then go to 3200. With oil you get a sort of satin finish, dry more of a polish IMO.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Quote from: chongman on February 01, 2013, 09:53:33 PM
I'm with BigErn...

I start with the files then 320,400,600, 1000, and then go to 3200. With oil you get a sort of satin finish, dry more of a polish IMO.

What kind of oil do you use?
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Nothing special on oil type tater. Mineral oil is my choice.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Tater

Quote from: chongman on February 02, 2013, 12:46:03 PM
Nothing special on oil type tater. Mineral oil is my choice.

Thank you sir.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

tipper1

Has anybody tried Flitz polish good stuff  :-* expensive