See what happens!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by tipper1, January 31, 2013, 02:45:02 AM

tipper1

See what happens when your waiting for parts!!!!!!!  Start sanding paint off.  Can't wait til this phase of this project is done.  My fingers are bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   8)

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Yep, blood, sweat, and tears is what it's all about.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

chongman

Dude! Get some paint stripper,then file and sand  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

OOO a thought ... A blood red frame ... hmmmmm ... :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

breakfastchef

Find someone who can sandblast the frame. It is a real timesave and provides a very nice base for painting. A local sign maker will does this for me.
Larry

tipper1

BerkshireHunter

Make sure you get some fine grit sand paper on that to polish it up if you're not repainting.   :-*

blake.l

Quote from: tipper1 on January 31, 2013, 02:45:02 AM
See what happens when your waiting for parts!!!!!!!  Start sanding paint off.  Can't wait til this phase of this project is done.  My fingers are bleeding!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   8)

Looking good.... I know what you mean about your fingers.. lol... I'm working on my 1322 Medalist doing the same thing trying to get old paint, bluing and rust off. Gonna powder coat when done...

Quote from: chongman on January 31, 2013, 03:20:07 AM
Dude! Get some paint stripper,then file and sand  :-*

Now that's a man with the plan.... lol I've been using paint stripper, sand paper, dremel, steel wool, scotch brite pads, wire wheel brushes.. Lots of work but will pay off in the long run... 

tipper1

Finished i'm happy with this, looks cool,now if my parts will just get in ( has anyone seen the brown truck )  8)

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BigErn

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

bgmcgee

Nice job. Amazing how tough it is to get the paint off when you want to but how easy it comes off when you don't.  I did the same to the frame to my 1377 and am pretty happy with how it came out.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"