help me decide

Started by TB250, February 05, 2013, 01:51:34 AM

TB250

Time for a 2240 from the custom shop  i dont know if i should get a 7 or 10 inch barrel anyone have preferences.   i think i want .22 but open for opinions on that also    any help would be greatly appreciated  this will be my first 2240   been shootin a 1377 for 2 years now

Brent

I vote for 10. I personally think it looks a little better with the longer barrel... and the longer barrel will also provide you slightly more velocity (fps).

Pumpmeister

Hey  TB250!

I'd say go for the 10"..!  You can always Check out Rick Wilnecker @ Precision Pellet,..if You wan ..let's say a 2289 Barrel (14") Tell Him I sent ya!  airgunshop@aol.com

Mario Romano
"Aim Small....Miss Small" Benjamin Martin

bgmcgee

I say 10" Also. Then you can add the muzzle brake, makes a cool look in my opinion.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Pumpmeister

Or a Combo Brake & Shroud! Add F.O. Sights if you like!

Mario
"Aim Small....Miss Small" Benjamin Martin

Crosshairs

Yeah me too 10". Might get some more power and it should be more accurate.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Fronzdan

TB250

haha thamks for all the replies guys  i was leanin towards the 7 now u guys made me think twice!!  mostly like the 10 incher because of performance? or just looks   i havnt seen eaither in person    thanks again guys

mudduck48

she said "longer is better"
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Bill L.

I to would go with a 10" in 22 or a 14 if you are going to hunt small pests.If you are not going to get wood grips  I would get the shoulder stock and order the prod grips(only a few bucks and much better than the 2300 grips)  from the parts department.That way you will have both if you ever want a carbine.I also like the lpa sight,much better than the williams for target shooting and hunting imho.
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Noah

For whatever you intend to use this gem for, IMO, the longer the barrel, the better.
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

droid

I think short is beautiful  ;)

Whichever way you go the cost of another barrel is minimal if you change your mind. So I would perhaps go for the 10" on the order as there are more standard barrels knocking about should you want a change.
Full Brass 2240, Custom 2300s, Custom 2250XL, Custom Beretta PX4 Storm, Custom SAI 1911 MEU
www.ratbuster.co.uk

onebaddj

Go 22 and 10 in barrel and if you want to change it to 177 use your top half from the 1377. They are interchangable.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

TB250

ordered it .22  10 inch barrel long steel breech, lpa sight  gold muzzle brake and wood grips  and gold trigger to match the muzzle haha!

BerkshireHunter