Why Do You Keep Coming Back

Started by Crosshairs, February 08, 2013, 03:22:07 AM

HappyHunter

The comraderie here among ALL members is what does it for me, plus a great selection for the monthly target comps (awesome job, Rich!)  :-*

Oh, sure, the great info too, but compared to all the bickering, nitpicking found on a lot of forums, this place is a breath of fresh air. From noobs to seasoned veterans, everyone is treated with respect and help is always offered when asked.

Kudos to Brutuz, Mods, and all the great members who make this place the best!

Todd
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

bgmcgee

"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

AgentWD40_FL

.... All the interesting things people are doing, or have done to their guns
.....The pictures
.....The monthly target comps
..... I've made a couple of friends.  I hope more of you can be my friend.  :-\
Flying Dragon XS60C .22 Co2 Air Rifle w/Hawke Sport HD 3-9X40 AO Scope
Hatsan Mod 25 Supercharger .177
Crosman 38T .177 (Circa 1976)
Crosman 38C .22 (Circa 1963-1974)
Crosman Mark 1 Target .22 (Circa 1970's)
Crosman 1740 (2240 Modded) Carbine w/Bushnell 3-9X32
Crosman 2300KT CCS .177 w/Tasco 2x20
Crosman 1377 w/BSA Red Dot
Beeman P-17
Gamo PT-85 w/Laser Sight
Crosman 357

AS13

Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

quickster47 †

I have thought about this since yesterday when I first saw the post by Mike.  And this morning while drinking my second cup of coffee and thinking about light hammers and hammer springs for my new project, it came upon me.  And that is, this forum is all about SYNERGY.

Synergy, in general, may be defined as the interaction of two or more parts or forces such that their combined effect is greater than the sum of their individual effects.

Or in the case of the CAPOF, synergy is defined as the interaction of our members such that our combined membership is greater than the sum of our individual efforts as members.

Hope that makes sense.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

KevinP

I have pondered on this also ...  you hit the nail on the head.. ( so to speak )

Synergy   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

BigErn

Besides all the things already mentioned, airguns is my only creative outlet at the moment. CAPOF has been my therapy for a while now since me and the wife separated...  This place and you guys keep me busy and happy  :)  Thanks everyone  :-*

mackelby

Crosshairs

I'm glad to see so many reply's it's just what i wanted to see because there really is not just one reason any of us are here. Like Big E for me it's a type of therapy with a bad back and on SSD things get a bit lonely sitting around by myself. Plus i really am a people person and love to BS and meet new people and help others. I know some times i come on a bit strong but a spade is a spade and that's just how i call it i never held a punch and never will. With so many great people and great talent here why would i not want to be here. Plus all of the great pictures we all post it's just plan fun.
                                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BDS

Yay to Mike for bringing me over here to this great forum waaay back when!  :-*

Meeting so many great folks like Mike and Ern, Walt and Chongman Droid and Carl and, and, and...  :D

For me, it's not the obvious mods and hardware that folks talk about, it's the many small but interesting tips and mods and clever fixes that guys dream up!  :-*
Brian

oleman

The people - The people - The people!
A man who is good enough to shed his blood for his country is good enough to be give a square deal afterwards.  Teddy Roosevelt

Fronzdan

Yeah it's the people and the atmosphere.  Yes there's a lot to learn, but you can get that on other forums as well.  Really one of the best forums of any kind I've been on.  Very un-cliquish, welcoming and well run. 

tnpaw

For me it is All the Great Bunch of Men, who are not afraid to Help and make a person Welcome, Buttttttttttt, my wife says that even though I am over 65 years old, that I am still an old Kid , that hasn't GROWED UP! That is her shouting, not me! Just bought a 1377 from Crosman Sight! 20% off, with free shipping!.....tnpaw

RC1947

Quote from: tnpaw on February 08, 2013, 10:14:03 PM
For me it is All the Great Bunch of Men, who are not afraid to Help and make a person Welcome, Buttttttttttt, my wife says that even though I am over 65 years old, that I am still an old Kid , that hasn't GROWED UP! That is her shouting, not me! Just bought a 1377 from Crosman Sight! 20% off, with free shipping!.....tnpaw

Good deal!  With a little effort, and no expense, they make a very nice shooter which holds up to much more expensive pistols. RC

breakfastchef

I came for the chicks, and found a bunch of addicts feeding off each other. Heck, who needs another girl. You guys rock it!
Larry