Transfer port sleeve

Started by tipper1, February 13, 2013, 02:23:25 PM

tipper1

My transfer port sleeve looks the same size on each side, is that normal on the older 1377, I updated the barrel and breech, do i need to update the transfer port sleeve ???? thanks - Kevin

Crosshairs

Quote from: tipper1 on February 13, 2013, 02:23:25 PM
My transfer port sleeve looks the same size on each side, is that normal on the older 1377, I updated the barrel and breech, do i need to update the transfer port sleeve ???? thanks - Kevin
What phase 1377 do you have. I'm pretty sure the new type TP seal will work on all the 1377s. But Ed 1377x should know for sure.
                                                        Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tipper1

1980 model, think that would be a phase 2

tipper1

Crosshairs

Nice yeah it's a phase two it wouldn't hurt to change the TP if you have one it might save you from pulling you hair out in the future. But if you don't have one give it a try should work. I do know the barrel if different where the pellet is loaded but the TP hole should be the same.
                                             Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

tipper1

seems to be working good, just needed to know if i should update the port , will it make a difference   ???

quickster47 †

From my recollection about transfer port sizes, it hasn't changed in a long, long time.  And Crosman now does this to simplify production and parts inventory.

Even the 1322 uses the same transfer port tube as the 1377 and 2240 and 2300, etc..

And having just gone through the Crosman Service Manual and looking at old guns they did at one time only use a gasket and no transfer port tube.

Anyway, this is Crosman and there are no certainties about what they could have done that was undocumented.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

the id of the transfer port hasnt changed but the outside of it has
imo you should get the new style transfer port since you updated your components
the old one which is equal on both sides as i remember leaks unless you do the evo mod that stops the leaking or just get a new transfer port either way stops the leaking
closed mouths dont get fed

tipper1

Thankyou 1377x thats what i needed to hear, new one on its way , it still shoots good, thanks all  :-*

tipper1

thanks for the heads up on a new port,it is different from the old one,works much better now,its got a little kick ,dead on with the red dot  :-* :-* :-*  Kevin

1377x

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on February 13, 2013, 10:49:09 PM
the id of the transfer port hasnt changed but the outside of it has
imo you should get the new style transfer port since you updated your components
the old one which is equal on both sides as i remember leaks unless you do the evo mod that stops the leaking or just get a new transfer port either way stops the leaking
I bought a phaze 2 that someone had converted to the phaze 3 stuff on top and it did not pass the tissue test. But I bought it for parts. It too had the old style tp sleave in it.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

Quote from: mudduck48 on March 02, 2013, 08:49:23 PM
I bought a phaze 2 that someone had converted to the phaze 3 stuff on top and it did not pass the tissue test. But I bought it for parts. It too had the old style tp sleave in it.
have you switched it? if so did it make a difference?

mudduck48

No Sir, I do not have an  extra new style tp sleave. Besides, out of that gun,I used the brass valve, piston, front pin and trigger groupe on my 1322.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.