OK guys...

Started by RC1947, February 25, 2013, 09:07:54 PM

RC1947

I did what you requested me to do and polished the end caps.  I'd already done the barrel band, and installed a stylish bolt handle by Chongman.  I'm pleased as it is, and if I do anything more it'll be wood grips.  Chongman had bought some that I liked, but I can't recall where they were from. ??? RC

1377x

lookin good!!!
you must be talking about the keith grips
closed mouths dont get fed

RC1947

Quote from: 1377x on February 25, 2013, 09:19:17 PM
lookin good!!!
you must be talking about the keith grips

Exactly!  thanks. RC

KevinP

polish ??    holy cow ... I guess so  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Looks good RC nice polishing job. I like the bolt handle.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

chongman

Very nice polish job Randy  :-*

Are these the grips your thinking of?

They are the "Combat" 2240 model, made by Keith Eisler in Canada. This website shows his grips. The price is out of date but the contact info at the bottom is good.

http://airgunartisans.com/AA%20Keiths%20Grips.htm
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

RC1947

I looked at his site, and with all the black and silver, I'm thinking bloodwood would look nice.  I like the contour of his grips.  I decided that I'm going to polish the trigger.  RC

quickster47 †

RC you are getting 'bling' happy and just remember, once you start there is no stopping.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

blake.l

Quote from: chongman on February 25, 2013, 10:04:46 PM
Very nice polish job Randy  :-*

Are these the grips your thinking of?

They are the "Combat" 2240 model, made by Keith Eisler in Canada. This website shows his grips. The price is out of date but the contact info at the bottom is good.

http://airgunartisans.com/AA%20Keiths%20Grips.htm

Those are some really nice looking grips!!!

breakfastchef

Understated, yet classy bling, RC. That and the chongman bolt handle look excellent.

Do upgrade your grips. I am now a firm believer that custom wood grips are a must for any 1377 own and will ever own.
Larry

crossliner

You can polish the end caps furthermore and remove the toolmarks it will look like a mirror literally Mr. RC..The small 1 has a shaft so it's much easiear to mount it as a drill bit. I started w/ a #240 sandpaper and ended w/ a #2000..As for the bigger one I inserted a shaft ( and taped the end of the shaft for a tighter fit)  that fits right it in where the spring sits..Same procedure w/ the sandpaper thing..Later I decided to have it nickel/chrome plated to prevent rust..

http://i709.photobucket.com/albums/ww96/DARKHORSE1967/100_4341.jpg

RC1947

Now that's some serious polishing! RC

crossliner

Thank you Mr. RC but what you see is already nickel chrome plated. Best regards.

RC1947

I just finished a high polish of the trigger, and when I put some nice wood grips on it I think it'll look super.  The trigger is already set up for targets, and so, it has always shot well.  Thanks for the comments, guys. RC

BigErn

Sweet polish job RC! You got bling fever now  :D