If it could be done !!

Started by Crosshairs, March 13, 2013, 07:57:59 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 14, 2013, 02:42:30 AM
A 20 shot tube fed magazine for a 22XX  mounted along the tube something like the crosman 400.
                                  Mike

Who was it that made something like that for the 2240, AirgunSmith or Bluefork or someone else?

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

targettgii

I think it was B&A I believe it's still there just not available.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Crosshairs

I would like a light  on the gun to show it is cocked. Oh wait John has that one covered. :-*
                                   Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

agninja

Maybe a snap, twist, and click type of component assembly, to allow for quick swapping out of barrels and access to the gun's internals for easy modding and upgrades. The idea being to eliminate all those tiny screws and the time consuming process of taking the gun apart with multiple tools.

Basically just follow the same model the military uses for their modern assault rifle weapon systems.  And yes Crosman, that means finally embracing the weaver rail and abandoning the dovetail rail and open sights.
Black air pistols matter.

RC1947

a 2x red dot with a pin point dot. RC

Crosshairs

I would love one piece grips for the 13XX and 22XX that don't move maybe even two screws.
                                               Mike

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 14, 2013, 04:47:58 PM
I would love one piece grips for the 13XX and 22XX that don't move maybe even two screws.
                                               Mike

+1 to those one-pc grips Mike!
Brian

Crosshairs

Now that we are talking electronics how bout a electric adjustable rear sight with micro adjustments. I guess if they made servos small enough it could be done.
                                                   Mike

BDS

Brian

millipede

i was thinking it'd be cool to have a scope with multiple settings like the radio in your car. You sight in with one pellet and lock in that setting, then push a lever or turn a knob over to sight in a different pellet. it could take the place of the brightness setting knob on some scopes so you could just dial it to whatever pellet you happen to be using at the moment...

BDS

Not exactly the same but, BSA makes .22 LR and .17 HMR scopes that have elevation knobs with bullet grain or weight indications. The setting are still mechnanical twists of the knobs but the graduations are suposed to be for the bullet weigh at XXX yards.
Brian

Rualert

Carl, I don't have specific brands, or models, but with the huge range of paintball stuff out there, I'm sure that could be done. The other way would be a simple solenoid to pull or push the sear, and a small momentary contact switch for the "trigger". I can do a little digging, and see what I can find through some of the electronics distributors. This would make the triggers way sweet, you might even be able to place the switch right behind the actual trigger so you have some feel, but almost no weight giving a match grade trigger in the ounces weight range.

As for the adjustable scope idea for different pellets, print out a small circle with either the mildot selections, or number of clicks for a two or three pellets, thus giving you the quick change ability, this also works well for range changes, and tape or glue it inside the rear cap lid. Flip the cap open, adjust as needed, shoot to POA.

Just my ramblings.
P.S. A very talented gent from the UK built a semi auto repeating breech setup for the 22XX series guns, and will happily send the cad drawings to anyone if they wish to duplicate it. If my memory serves me, it used the equivalent of a stripper type clip, you loaded the pellets in the strip, inserted it in one side then fired. empty one, slip in another. It works quite well, and the builder did his in polished brass, so it looks like a million bucks. I would think an aluminum breech matte or polished would be a little lighter, and would be a little more cost effective.

Casey

I can dig up the link for the semi auto breech if someone wants it.

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

Quote from: MichaelM on March 13, 2013, 11:59:55 PM
:) I have been casualy looking at some electronic triggers for paintball that could be converted.... I have always wondered with all the bullpup builds and such why people have not aready done this.... seems a ton easier then trying to make a linkage seetup....
I have seen some 2xxx guns with electric triggers.a few years ago it was kind of a craze
closed mouths dont get fed