hate so ask the standard n00b questions... but

Started by kraaash, March 17, 2013, 12:59:30 AM

Tater

Before ordering, I'd take a really good look through the "Gallery" section here. You'll find tons of ideas for a build. The engraving idea Ed (1377) mentioned would be cool in your situation.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

kraaash

Quote from: chongman on March 17, 2013, 05:22:29 AM
DO you mean striped grips as in laminated, different colors?

No a frame lol told you I'm a n00b  ???

Fronzdan

Striped frame??  Hmm...can you show a picture?

chongman

OK man, gotcha... Grip Frame  :-* The foundation from which all great werks arise from  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

JEBert

Quotewould you guys think i was crazy if I told you I just bought a striped handle
Guys, he meant stripped, as in BARE.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

kraaash

Stranded in California.

kraaash

Quote from: 7624452 on March 17, 2013, 07:21:05 PM
Do you intend to build a pistol from parts?
Sounds like a good time to me, I like to tinker and personalize, I end up throwing away factory parts some times.. But this is my first 22xx, is a build up a good way to go? Cost effective?

Usually the best deal for Crosman parts is to order them from Crosman at 1-800-724-7486.  You need to have the part numbers when you call them.  The part numbers can be found on the EVP's http://www.crosman.com/cs/manuals I have no idea how much it would cost to build from scratch.  In my opinion it would be cost effective to purchase from the Crosman custom shop and go from there. http://www.crosman.com/custom-shop
Stranded in California.

chongman

Quote from: kraaash on March 17, 2013, 07:23:53 PM
Sounds like a good time to me, I like to tinker and personalize, I end up throwing away factory parts some times.. But this is my first 22xx, is a build up a good way to go? Cost effective?

Nothing can beat the value of a Crosman Custom Shop 2300KT. Take a look at what you can get parts wise on the gun for the money, then compare that to ebay prices for the individual parts. It's good to have a grip frame in your stash  ;)
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Brent

Quote from: chongman on March 17, 2013, 07:39:46 PM
Nothing can beat the value of a Crosman Custom Shop 2300KT. Take a look at what you can get parts wise on the gun for the money, then compare that to ebay prices for the individual parts. It's good to have a grip frame in your stash  ;)
That is good advise Michael. Get what ever you know you are going to start with... on a CCS gun. The parts from CCS end up being good value overall. Added up separately you will spend about 15% or so more on them.  ;)

kraaash

well this was over before it  started,.. i just found out you need a pistol permit in michigan for pellet pistols,. i remember buying them off the rack when i was a young man. I have no intention of going through that for this hobby =( im not a big gun guy,  outside of airguns of course.

is it possible to get a smooth bore barrel for the 22xx's?

JEBert

QuoteNothing can beat the value of a Crosman Custom Shop 2300KT.  Take a look at what you can get parts wise on the gun for the money, then compare that to ebay prices for the individual parts.
Ditto on a CCS gun being the cheapest way to get those parts but Ebay is probably the most expensive way to get Crosman parts.  A lot of vendors sell Crosman parts for just a little over what Crosman sells them for but a CCS gun is still cheaper than ordering all of the same parts from Crosman.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

DaveB50

Quote from: kraaash on March 18, 2013, 03:45:04 AM
well this was over before it  started,.. i just found out you need a pistol permit in michigan for pellet pistols,. i remember buying them off the rack when i was a young man. I have no intention of going through that for this hobby =( im not a big gun guy,  outside of airguns of course.

is it possible to get a smooth bore barrel for the 22xx's?

Would a CCS 2400kt carbine be legal? You can get barrels up to 24" and it comes with a shoulder stock mounted.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077