hate so ask the standard n00b questions... but

Started by kraaash, March 17, 2013, 12:59:30 AM

kraaash

So I'm new to airguns in general, I got my first springer and im in the middle of tuning it. I spend a fair amount of time over at gatewaytoairguns forum.
I just got forum access so I will be sure to do plenty of searches for questions already asked.
   I was looking for information on the 2240 because of a personal story. When I was a young man my grandfather had a 22xx pistol that was stolen from me (he was deceased).
for all these years since than I have been thinking about replacing it, so know I have found this site and im ready to go =).
   What Im wondering is which way I should go with this 22xx i want to build. I dont need it to be stock, in fact I want to get a little crazy with it. I was thinking .22 might be best as I want to be able to take care of a rat problem with it (which i think is a reason he had one).
    Also I'm wondering if I shouldnt go the crosman lab route so I can get it ingraved.

whats the difference between the long metal action and the short?

anyway, I think I'll be around for awhile, so thanks for any help, and well met!  :-*

quickster47 †

Quote from: kraaash on March 17, 2013, 12:59:30 AM
whats the difference between the long metal action and the short?

Besides the price, there is the weight of the long versus the short.  It is also just a personal preference I think as to what look you are after.  Performance wise, probably no difference whatsoever.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

1377x

I woul go the custom shop if I was you
you can get it laser etched maybe as a tribute to your granddad have his birthdate put on it and your initials .you can get just about anything written on it
imo it doesn't matter which receiver you put on it. personally I would put the short one on it and save on the extra weight.a scope can be mounted to either the long or short receiver/breech or a red dot you can have open sights.some of the guys have some really cool open sights
iirc you can get a 7 or 10 inch .22 barrel put on it.
you can get real crazy with it if you stick around here to long ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

kraaash

does the long or short receiver change the overall length?

Stranded in California.

kraaash

does the crosman tuesday coupon code work on custom shop buys?

quickster47 †

Quote from: kraaash on March 17, 2013, 02:05:55 AM

Long or short breech will not change the length of the gun but it will affect the weight.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

arkmaker †

Quote from: kraaash on March 17, 2013, 02:05:55 AM

No, the only things that will change the over all length are if you add a longer barrel or a stock. The short receiver is 1" shorter @ 5" long. Long breech is 6".

Someone please jump in here if I am wrong.

Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Quote from: arkmaker on March 17, 2013, 02:36:03 AM

No, the only things that will change the over all length are if you add a longer barrel or a stock. The short receiver is 1" shorter @ 5" long. Long breech is 6".

Someone please jump in here if I am wrong.

Rich

Sounds about right. To get an exact answer I would need to go downstairs and I ain't moving for awhile.

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

sandpiper

Quote from: 1377x on March 17, 2013, 01:08:13 AM
I woul go the custom shop if I was you
you can get it laser etched maybe as a tribute to your granddad have his birthdate put on it and your initials .you can get just about anything written on it

Was thinking the same thing. Good suggestion 77  :)

kraaash

anyone know of a coupon code for custom shop?  :)

Quote from: kraaash on March 17, 2013, 03:24:23 AM
anyone know of a coupon code for custom shop?  :)
I have never been able to get any discount to work with a custom shop order.
Stranded in California.

Brent

Quote from: 7624452 on March 17, 2013, 03:30:01 AM
I have never been able to get any discount to work with a custom shop order.

Me either. They do not discount CCS evrn when they have a company discount. Not the 20% at Valentines Day... or the recent 25% for hitting a new record on Facebook.

kraaash

ok so would you guys think i was crazy if I told you I just bought a striped handle on ebay?

chongman

DO you mean striped grips as in laminated, different colors?
Long days and pleasant nights to you...