My first modon my 2250b

Started by Eggsbox2250, March 20, 2013, 01:08:31 PM

1377x

nice mods!
using photobucket or just about any media storage site will let you post pics directly to your thread instead of using attachments
closed mouths dont get fed

DaveB50

Nice start there, watch your wallet, they can magically make your money disappear.  ;D ;D The nice thing about these pistols/carbines is that they can keep evolving, even after you think their done.
Dave
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

targettgii

That is true money disappears faster than CO2 around here LOL :D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Eggsbox2250

And so I made a short video,
this is the plan.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ch2m2Z6h8OQ#]Crosman 2250B Co2 .22 Rifle[/url]                                                                                   
I Have a medical condition called
    " A Trigonomic Embolism " ...
translated as ,   " A CLOT BEHIND THE TRIGGER "

1377x

cant wait to see it finished
closed mouths dont get fed

Brent

So I wasn't to much quite yet worried about you having your wallet in jeopardy, when I saw your first post with the grips  ;) ;D

After getting down through it, and seeing the eventual video... your are SO into a new realm of life and my financial concerns have grown considerably!! lol  ;) ;)

Nice stock... and start on your new carbine!!  :-*

Gippeto

Good choices, and an excellent start on what will be a very nice bit of kit when you're done...or when the wallets empty...whichever comes first. :-*

Have fun with it. :)

Al

breakfastchef

The video demonstrated clearly how the stock and adapter would mount on the gun. I like that you showed off the stock adapter as I have never seen one before. Good stuff!
Larry

Eggsbox2250

Here you go guys stage 1 complete   ;)   .    http://youtu.be/hFxk4bLefw0
I Have a medical condition called
    " A Trigonomic Embolism " ...
translated as ,   " A CLOT BEHIND THE TRIGGER "

quickster47 †

That's a couple of good videos you did.  Enjoyed watching them.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

crossliner

Looks nice but the AR stock seems wobbly when you retract it..Best regards.

woody67

No worries on the wobble....if you are going to pretty much use it on one setting, just take a wood screw with a large head and screw it into the plastic in the top of the stock (there is a hole in the top piece the screw will go into, you just have to press down firmly and start screwing it in). I did it on the AR stock I had, and it eliminated 100% of the wobble.

The screw I used had a rounded top on the head, not a flat top. I used a rounded top screw because the head is much thicker than the flat ones. You'll need that extra thickness to hold the stock in place. Just make sure your screw head fits just a little big, so it is snug in the hole.

Makes the stock and gun all seem like it's one solid piece!

Plus, how often will you want to adjust it anyway?

crossliner

Quote from: woody67 on March 25, 2013, 03:11:14 PM
No worries on the wobble....if you are going to pretty much use it on one setting, just take a wood screw with a large head and screw it into the plastic in the top of the stock (there is a hole in the top piece the screw will go into, you just have to press down firmly and start screwing it in). I did it on the AR stock I had, and it eliminated 100% of the wobble.

The screw I used had a rounded top on the head, not a flat top. I used a rounded top screw because the head is much thicker than the flat ones. You'll need that extra thickness to hold the stock in place. Just make sure your screw head fits just a little big, so it is snug in the hole.

Makes the stock and gun all seem like it's one solid piece!

Plus, how often will you want to adjust it anyway?

You have a point Mr. W but it kind of defeats the purpose of having a retractable stock..I kind of pondered on this rig myself for the cool factor but dropped it because the Crosman stock works well for me already. Best regards.

woody67

You also bring up a very good point!

...For me though, I bought the AR stock for the looks, but mostly so I could use the p-rod grips. I don't find the crosman stock comfortable, since it squeezes my hands upwards from the bottom piece. I didn't need/want an adjustable stock, that's just how I bought it.

I bet you could drill a hole in the top of the stock at each setting, then glue a metal sleeve in each hole. It could be threaded or smooth, and you could use either a screw or a very small rod to drop in to secure.

crossliner

I dunno but these retractable stocks seem to have imperfections I have 1 myself on my CZ and there is a bit of play..It's an Israeli Zahal Fab Def rig I have on mine.