My first modon my 2250b

Started by Eggsbox2250, March 20, 2013, 01:08:31 PM

Eggsbox2250

Sorry guys the videos were deleted by my 5yr old niece!                     http://youtu.be/_ziSAKiZWb8   http://youtu.be/LKUsgmL7Vlg
I Have a medical condition called
    " A Trigonomic Embolism " ...
translated as ,   " A CLOT BEHIND THE TRIGGER "

CO2Freak

Cool stock, very tactical and a really nice mod for a 2250B.. Hope Crosman will ever re-introduce this platform again.

Sniper, sniper !

Eggsbox2250

I have a  breech and barrel band on order, with some trigger and hammer tunes, they are next. :)

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Eggsbox2250

Wow, so many , I got to get some of these. :)

Eggsbox2250

Well guys I've fitted new trigger shims, trigger spring, trigger shoe, and new csk hex head screws. I've polished all the contact points on the trigger mech and there is no "drag" just a heavy pull which is disappointing. ???
    I am considering " cutting down " the trigger spring but by how much? ;)  Or should I remove more of the hammer -sear contact area .  :-\   The breech and b/band are on order, so do I cut the spring or "run in " the work already done. 
    Life used to be so uncomplicated 8)

JEBert

booogyman3,
If you take off too much material off of that area of the sear where it contacts the hammer, you will remove the surface hardening.  If you polish it much, I would suggest disassembling it often to check the wear on the sear.
I have one that I sanded and polished until there were no stamping marks at all and when  checked it out after a month of shooting, it had worn off to where I think it was becoming dangerous.  It never did go off unexpectedly but I think that was only because I got it out of there in time.  I think I could re-harden it but haven't tried it yet.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

Eggsbox2250

Thanks Jerry,
       Its only fired 100 shots, so I guess another 500 shots will get it run in, then I can smoke the contact points and polish again. I`ve been looking at        a trigger made by Don Cothran, it seems a good design , I may try to get one,  but dont think they are available in the U.K.

1377x

sounds like you are in need of a 1701p grip frame/trigger group
some US members might ship to the UK
closed mouths don't get fed ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

Eggsbox2250

Its all available over here, but more expensive.

1377x

Quote from: Booogyman3 on April 18, 2013, 09:18:57 PM
Its all available over here, but more expensive.
I guess after you add shipping the deal goes away
do they run you more than $64usd? or $42gbp
closed mouths dont get fed

Eggsbox2250

They go sale on ebay , usually from someone breaking a gun to sell as parts, when you try to import, custom always charge  a fee which pushes the price up. I'm trying  to get a CROOKED BARN valve but they sell for over double the U.S. price around £70 = $107.

crossliner

Quote from: Booogyman3 on April 19, 2013, 01:39:22 PM
They go sale on ebay , usually from someone breaking a gun to sell as parts, when you try to import, custom always charge  a fee which pushes the price up. I'm trying  to get a CROOKED BARN valve but they sell for over double the U.S. price around £70 = $107.

That's not so bad. Here in the Philippines we pay almost triple.

Eggsbox2250

Take a look guys, perhaps this will help my heavy trigger  ;D      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330910896288?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

targettgii

Quote from: Eggsbox2250 on April 22, 2013, 05:56:31 PM
Take a look guys, perhaps this will help my heavy trigger  ;D      http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/330910896288?_trksid=p5197.c0.m619

Buy that kit or you can buy 2 complete grip frame assemblies and still have a couple bucks left. ??? ??? ???
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T