A Large Power Increase If You live In Warm Climate Or Temp. is getting Higher...

Started by allan.leigh04, March 27, 2013, 02:53:26 AM

allan.leigh04

Hi Guys,

For those unlike me, who lives in Thailand where it is always warm.
For the times of the year when it is warming up.

As the magazine type gas refilling, is for most of you poorly effected by low temperatures.

For extra gas in the magazine gas tank, I took out the magazine and put it in the refrigerator for an hour, and it was it was already completely full.

When I then took it out and refilled, it took about another min. of refilling to get in extra gas, resulting a slight over pressurization I guess when it warms up.

However, it did add like a bit over 100 fps to my shots.

Not a bad improvement if i do say so myself, as of course this will substantially increase the ft/lbs striking force.

Cheers Allan

Regards

Allan

Oh, & my use of bold so often, is NOT yelling or shouting, but rather so my aging eyes can read what I type.

Australian Army Veteran 1976-88, then 1999-2004 after running my own fitness/martial arts center for a few years.

Okinawan Isshinryu Karate exponent since aged 11 years. Now despite many achievements, still learning every day.

Winners Never Quit...&.....Quitters Never Win .

MSN & YIM rarely turned on.

quickster47 †

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Cross Pistol Packer

Crosmans, start as a hobby,then an obsession...

arkmaker †

Chilling the bottle is pretty common. Another way when filling off a larger tank, is to add a little into the tank being filled and then bleed it out slowly. That causes the co2 to freeze the smaller tank and allow for a full fill.

I would caution anyone filling above safe stated tank levels. You are not suppose to overkill. If a tank says 9oz then that is the safe filled weight. Always use a scale and fill to safe levels determined by the stated tank capacity.
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

Quote from: arkmaker on March 27, 2013, 01:32:28 PM
Chilling the bottle is pretty common. Another way when filling off a larger tank, is to add a little into the tank being filled and then bleed it out slowly. That causes the co2 to freeze the smaller tank and allow for a full fill.

I would caution anyone filling above safe stated tank levels. You are not suppose to overkill. If a tank says 9oz then that is the safe filled weight. Always use a scale and fill to safe levels determined by the stated tank capacity.

for sure X2 ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

I use a bucket full of ice water i put all of the bottles in at the same time i refill the 88gr carts from a 20 oz bottles.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 27, 2013, 03:54:51 PM
I use a bucket full of ice water i put all of the bottles in at the same time i refill the 88gr carts from a 20 oz bottles.

What do you use as an adapter to fill the 88g bottles Mike?

Carl

In Omnia Paratus

dan_house

Warm? whats thtat? Still below freezing at night, yesterday got warm enough to walk with only a sweatshirt.....
CO2 and Montana dont mix....... :-X
dr_subsonic's pneumatic research lab
The lunatic fringe of American airgunning

Southwest Montana's Headquarters for airgunning supremacy

Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

BDS

dan... finally getting to 60 deg here in Boise, by 3pm that is!

Been 40 deg tops until yesterday
Brian

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on March 27, 2013, 03:58:27 PM
What do you use as an adapter to fill the 88g bottles Mike?

Carl

BNA makes it when I get home I will post a picture and put the link up.
Mike
http://www.airgunbna.com/
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

In Omnia Paratus

ped

I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22