Crosmods

Started by blake.l, March 27, 2013, 10:34:46 PM

blake.l

So, can anyone explain to me why he/she/they try to charge sales tax on orders?? I'm pretty sure they aren't in the same state as I am and I'm sure they aren't supposed to do that??? I was looking to order from them but not sure now...

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

blake.l

Just saying don't know if its just one person... or a couple people.... Just wondering why they are trying to charge sales tax? as far as I know you only get charged sales tax if the buyer and the supplier are in the same state.

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

arkmaker †

Best thing to do is call and ask them. That way you will know exactly what's up.  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

1377x

buy at your own risk :o >:( :(
they do and they are not going to quit
it was discussed on the green forum and they don't care if its against the law to collect sales tax from out of state customers
plus there has been many complaints lately about poor customer service and very long shipping periods from the time you order and you receive your stuff and if something is wrong with the order they blame the customer or the postal service and wont help you
this is stuff I have read on gta and the green forum this year. just search crosmods on those forums and you should get a hit
closed mouths dont get fed

blake.l

Quote from: 1377x on March 28, 2013, 12:18:49 AM
it was discussed on the green forum and they don't care if its against the law to collect sales tax from out of state customers
plus there has been many complaints lately about poor customer service and very long shipping periods from the time you order and you receive your stuff and if something is wrong with the order they blame the customer or the postal service and wont help you
this is stuff I have read on gta and the green forum this year. just search crosmods on those forums and you should get a hit

Thanks for the heads up.... Don't need the BS... I'll spend my funds elsewhere......

Brent

Quote from: 1377x on March 28, 2013, 12:18:49 AM

That's to bad... they make some nice stuff! Not to keen on buying there now either. Got plenty enough BS in life as it is... without consciously  adding to it. It would bug me if I thought we didn't have a fair deal together.

mudduck48

Quote from: Crosshairs on March 27, 2013, 10:50:07 PM
He's talking about Crosmods.
Every day on this fourm is a learning experience. Never heard of Crosmods. I'm guessing it's someone that makes Crosman parts. ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

arkmaker †

They make custom parts, kind of tactical looking for the 2240 and 1377 base guns. If you purchase the entire kit, you are looking at over 5 bills and your shooter will not look anything like a Crosman. One of our members was first in line for their parts and had a little fitting to do. I don't remember if this was a bad review or not. He may chime in.

http://crosmods.com/index.html

One thing we don't want is to get into a bashing contest. Individual vendors sometimes screw up. We had one guy here that caught the wrath of numerous members and now has a very good rating and reviews because he was smart enough to market in a different way. Sometimes, it is not the products, but the service. These guys chose machining as a way to earn a living, which means most do not have a business degree.

I still say to give them a call and find out for yourself before condemning a vendor. Otherwise, it is someone else's take and not your own.
Just my opinion, cause I am tired of vendors not getting a fair shake.....sorry, just how I'm feeling this morning  ???

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

+1 to Arkmaker's comments, especially the "business school" deficits.

We are not alone in this, the same happens with any niche market/hobby specialties or services. You see similar comments and PO'd customer posts on gun collector forums, RC racing forums etc. Just because a guy is the "hot" tuner, or mod maker or collector/expert in any given hobby, doesn't mean he has any knowledge of marketing, customer development, good commercial practices etc, etc. He has a lathe, can make parts and has enough room in his shop for the part currently on the lathe and his ego.

With (nearly) all of these types of suppliers, you have to be ready to a) bow at the altar of their genius, b) take an all sales are final attitude when shopping with them and c) have the patience of Mother Teresa for delivery and even communications.

Caveat emptor squared.

Just my not so humble opinions.
Brian

arkmaker †

by the way, as I forgot to mention in my nutty post, I have seen a lot of posts with happy Crosmods customers. In fact, more than negative.

Just saying..

Oh, and no, I am not affiliated with any vendor though I do love ole Charlie Mellon, in which case I am his pimp for his quality and cost effective parts!! Someday, I hope he starts making HEX BREECHES, or hope that Crooked Barn starts them up again!! I love them Hex Breeches   :-\

Rich

1377x

in my post I said recent customers have experienced poor customer service
that's not b ashing just what actuals crosmods consumers are saying
the owner spoke on the green forum and had an attitude and put off a lot of green forum members who read the thread
if interested search crosmods on the green forum
I wanted some crosmods products but after reading what the owner said I will never buy anything directly from them
im not bashing just stating black and white facts that can be read publicly
good thing we have free speech
closed mouths dont get fed

KevinP

good thing we have free speech
a bash is a bash ....   IT IS WHAT IT IS!!!
Kevin
Albany, New York

Brent

I can appreciate the thinking of keep an open mind... that is good common sense. I don't take Ed's feedback as anything but being known circumstances. I actually like knowing the word on the street... whether it is business practice and/ or quality concerns. But I get and appreciate your words of keeping an eye on fairness Rich....

Mainly what I commented on is the included charging of sales tax... whether appropriate or not to the transaction. Could be the way their billing system works, could be a bonus on sales out of state for them... I am not cool in wanting to pay it extra either. Just saying is all that was.

If they have something I want, now I know, and I will contact them to see if we can find middle ground. I agree about not everybody is well rounded in everything business also... if they're not, that's OK  :-*