I won a brand new 2240 at a GTA fun shoot this weekend

Started by Tater, April 02, 2013, 11:34:38 PM

Crosshairs

Tater you won a very cool air gun the 2240 as you know is very accurate and fun to shoot now get ready to do some mods open up that wallet. You will soon be bitten and most likely will get another one.
                                Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

targettgii

That's a nice prize you received Congratulations Tater.Shoot it some and then think about the mods  :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Brent

Sounds like you had fun... Cool  :)

Even better with the carts and pellets  :-*

So how did you win it? Was it a raffle or door prize?

Tater

Quote from: Brent on April 03, 2013, 04:33:23 AM
Sounds like you had fun... Cool  :)

So how did you win it? Was it a raffle or door prize?

It was  a raffle. We couldn't afford too many tickets but some guys bought a ton. All for a good cause though.
I was shocked that I won it, it was the one of the few things I could use. I've been wanting one too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Brent

Quote from: Tater on April 03, 2013, 04:38:38 AM
It was  a raffle. We couldn't afford too many tickets but some guys bought a ton. All for a good cause though.
I was shocked that I won it, it was the one of the few things I could use. I've been wanting one too.
:) :) :) :)

DaveB50

Congrats Tater, hope you can get it back from your Wife.  :D :D
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

rangerfredbob

Cool that you got one, congrats.

They're cool guns, very similar to your 1377 as you know by now I'm sure, I say leave it mostly stock other than lightening the trigger, and stick a longer barrel on it if you want it quieter (they're dang loud...), or maybe get a longer .177 barrel and bolt if you only want to have one size of pellet around... I think mine is going to stay stock other than lightening the trigger and putting a longer barrel on it (I'm going to use the barrel off my 2289 and get a 18" barrel for it)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Tater

Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

OK, second mod if noise is an issue (2240s can be loud),  TKO LDC  http://www.tko22.com/   :-*
Brian

BigErn

Tater

Quote from: BDS on April 03, 2013, 04:11:00 PM
OK, second mod if noise is an issue (2240s can be loud),  TKO LDC  http://www.tko22.com/   :-*

They are pretty loud and I was thinking about getting a TKO. Then I would either need a new rear sight (with steel breech) or a steel breech and scope. It never ends!!!!   :-X
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

targettgii

No Tater unfortunately it doesn't stop it will never be truly complete ever  :D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

BDS

Quote from: Tater on April 03, 2013, 04:37:56 PM
They are pretty loud and I was thinking about getting a TKO. Then I would either need a new rear sight (with steel breech) or a steel breech and scope. It never ends!!!!   :-X

Nah... just drill a small hole in the TKO end cap (at 90 dgerees  :D) and make your own sight from a 1/8" welding rod or other small dia stuff like a good finishing nail. Actually, Mike at TKO will do that front sight for you IIRC, just ask him.
Brian