I won a brand new 2240 at a GTA fun shoot this weekend

Started by Tater, April 02, 2013, 11:34:38 PM

Tater

I guess I'll finally be joining you CO2 guys. There is now a ton of reading for me to do about these guns. I'm kind of sharing it with my wife (for now) and we finally have a gun she can shoot all by herself.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Brian

Tater

Quote from: BDS on April 02, 2013, 11:41:26 PM
yay... go shoot it and enjoy :-*

Sure will! We did give it a "test drive" on Sunday. Now I wonder just how much this "free" air gun is going to cost me (mods...).     :-X
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

Actually... the first and most important mod... the trigger polishing and lighter coil spring is free or less than $2, just your time and patience and some reading up on the polishing process here or GTA or the web, Mike (Cross hairs) has several videos he's made on tear down and re-assembly, PM him if you can't find the videos.
Brian

quickster47 †

The 2240 is really an awesome gun and lately it has once again become my favorite shooter.  It is very simple to take apart and there is tons of stuff on-line if you need help.  Get the EVP from the Crosman website as that will help immensely.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Brent

Oh... he already knows about the trigger mod. I read his post on it for his 1377.

Very Cool Jerry!!!  :) :)
Good for You!! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy!!
Congrats!!!  :-* :-*

So how was it? Did you have fun? Lots of people there? What was the coolest part?

Brutuz

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

Crosshairs

Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

sandpiper

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

quickster47 †

Hmm, forgot to say CONGRATULATIONS tater!!!  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

eric

pictures or it didn't happen  :P :)  either way that is an excellent win   :-*
TOO many freaks and NOT enough circuses

BerkshireHunter

Tater

Thanks guys and good memory about my 1377 Brent. The fun shoot was a great time. I felt a bit out of place with my pea shooters (!377, Gamo Hornet, Wife's P-17), but I got to try out an FX Independence, FX Boss, Daystate Huntsman and numerous Mrods.
These guys were shooting everything around 60+ yards, but for someone stuck indoors normally like me, it was really cool to shoot out to 30 yards.
It was my first event like that and was a great experience. The 8-9- hour drive just to shoot for the weekend was pretty rough though. Hated going back to work today.   >:(

Edit: It came with a box of 15 CO2's and a tin of CPHP's which was great  because my guns are all .177 and no CO2.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

gdm620

Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel