Admiring My First Child

Started by opbigdave, April 03, 2013, 06:34:32 PM

opbigdave

Hi Gang,

I was cruising the internet last Monday and got to thinking about the virtual non availability of 22 ammo.
Air Pistols!
Many pellets available (inexpensive) and free power.
Starting looking at high end target pistols $1000 and up.
Somehow ended up finding Larry's (breakfastchef) custom 1377.
I knew that was me.
After exchanging several e-mails, we struck up a deal.
Funds sent.
Within literally minutes Larry sent me a USPS tracking number.
Wow!
I would have my "child" Wednesday AM (today)
Mailman just dropped off the package.
Anticipation.
Pistol was better than I expected.
I can't wait to strike up the band and start 'popping' off a few rounds.
Larry is a real class act. He included a full packet of info along with a tin of pellets.
Well I just wanted to share my joy and my utmost respect for Larry.

Thanks for sharing my first Cossman experience.

I'm proud to be a member of your fraternity.

Shoot Safely,

Dave
NRA Patron Life Member

breakfastchef

Weenie. You fit in just fine here.

I hope it serves you well for years to come. I still have my 'first child' (1377), and doubt I will give it up. If you ever have any questions, ask 1377x; he knows just about everything related to Crosman pistols.
Larry

opbigdave

NRA Patron Life Member

Pikie

Dave, do we get to see it with some freshly shot targets ???
Vince

BDS

+ 1 to Larry's comments  >:( (ha ha ha inside joke  :-*)

Cool beans opbigdave, I saw a few pics of that gun and it is a classic looking piece, you won't do better than that to get going in this crazy hobby.
Brian

Tater

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the site.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

chongman

Nice score, you'll be pumpin out pellets soon  :-*
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

Crosshairs

Yeah i had my Dealings with that Larry guy and not sorry to say i must agree with opbigdave he is a good guy for sure.  :-*
                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

JEBert

Dave,
I think you got ripped off.  Only because you didn't get to go through the second phase of your illness.  That would be: getting a factory pistol and making all of the mistakes the rest of us made while modding it. ;D
So, you still need to do that.  The expensive way to do it is to start buying parts right away.  The slower way is to shoot your gun and go back and read all of the posts in this forum while deciding which mods you want/can afford to do.  Actually, the latter can be expensive way too unless you have a lot of time on your hands that wouldn't be better spent earning some cash somewhere besides sitting at a computer screen reading old posts.  It IS a great education though for a tinkerer.
I'll help you out a little
First, put a piece of electrical tape on the front of the trigger guard before you remove the front trigger/grip frame screw.  That way, your gun won't have the normal scars from the screwdriver when you remove that screw.  As a result, you can decide WHEN you want to start sanding off the casting lines and repaint your frame instead of seeing those scratches, sanding it off and repainting it, THEN realizing you should have filed/sanded the casting lines off and doing it all over again.  :)
Second, don't take the trigger cover off before removing the trigger/grip frame from the tube.  That removes the pressure from the safety spring and then the little safety ball won't go flying into parts unknown when you take the cover off.  be sure to put the cover back on, then put the ball and spring down in their hole, THEN put the frame back on the tube.  It'll save you hours of crawling around looking for that tiny ball and spring or running your gun without an operating safety.
Cheers,
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

1377x

congrats!
be sure to post pics of your new baby along with a range report
we like that kind of stuff around here ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

sandpiper

Nice pistol from a good guy. Enjoy it  :-*

Brent

Dave... you already know my thoughts of your new kid... over on your intro thread.  ;) :-*
I am still jealous lol  ;) ;D ;D

quickster47 †

Dave,

CONGRATULATIONS on your first!  But just be warned now, you have only just begun.

As they say, it's just as easy to raise two or three as it is to raise one.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Noah

Quote from: quickster47 on April 04, 2013, 01:07:20 AM
Dave,

CONGRATULATIONS on your first!  But just be warned now, you have only just begun.

As they say, it's just as easy to raise two or three as it is to raise one.  :D

Carl

True, but after the second (or third), you suddenly realize you have 27 and counting!
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

quickster47 †

Quote from: Noah on April 04, 2013, 01:32:02 AM
True, but after the second (or third), you suddenly realize you have 27 and counting!

So very true. So very, very true.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †