USPS and Shipping Airguns Domestic and International is a NO NO!

Started by arkmaker †, April 04, 2013, 06:01:15 PM

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

quickster47 †

Have to agree that if you don't want to know the answer, don't ask the question.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Flex

I know that many, many of us here on the CAPOF have purchased air guns specifically air pistols from Amazon.com. I bought my American Classic back in Jan of this year AND it was delivered to me via the U.S. Postal Service as I'm sure that most of the rest were too! I'm also  pretty sure that the folks at Amazon.com aren't "sneaking" contraband items into the packages. Bottom line is that air guns are definitely mailable via the USPS. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

arkmaker †

I too received my 2240 via Amazon via the USPS signature confirmation, just last month. Still, what are you going to do when your local post office says no?
I'm done fighting city hall  :-X
It is just more hassle than it is worth for me.
Rich

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Commercial / Industrial shippers don't get asked many questions about any one, individual package. Amazon shpg. centers load up a USPS 40 footer and hand over a manifest to the driver... done deal. There are usually 2 or 3 trailers spotted in their yards at any given time and they are filled over a 24 hr period and the drivers return for pickup.

The problems arise when joe-hobbyist brings his one, 48 inch long box in to the local P.O. and suzy the "when is my break?" clerk gets all weird about it.

Brian

woogie_man

I have had this same problem when attempting to ship a few classic airsoft rifles over to a buddy in Greece.  Went to USPS and they looked at me like I was trying to mail a darn nuke or something.  So took my package and went over to UPS and talked to the lady at the front and she was currious as to what it looked like.  So opened it up and she thought it was cool looking, she called up her boss who also thought it was cool.  They didn't have a problem shipping the package for me, just as long as they were able to shoot it first in the back room.  So I grabbed some bb's out of my truck, and hooked up my air rig and went in the back and fired off around 200 rounds into a pile of scrap boxes. They were all smiles and asked if I could bring back anything else that I needed to ship to them.

Went back around 2 months later to mail off my customized QB79 and they wanted to try that as well.  So knowing this was going to happen brought my stuff in with me and they had fun popping off rounds in the back with that.  No questions asked about any of the accessories that were on it or anything like that.  They were all smiles and more than happy to show them off :D

Now when I went back there last month to pick up a package for my wife the manager asked me to come back to his office....... a little worried I went back and he showed me a picture of him and his son with their new crosman bb guns.  He couldn't thank me enough for showing him the air rifle side of things and how much fun they could be!

I have found that USPS is one corp, while UPS is set up as a chain and each store is owned and managed by a different person.  The one here in my area is more than happy to ship my airguns ( either my airsoft or pellet ) and have on issues with them.

I would say check around before mailing with anyone.  The worst they can tell you is no.
Chris

Cwlongshot

Quote from: woogie_man on May 06, 2013, 09:33:39 PM
I have had this same problem when attempting to ship a few classic airsoft rifles over to a buddy in Greece.  Went to USPS and they looked at me like I was trying to mail a darn nuke or something.  So took my package and went over to UPS and talked to the lady at the front and she was currious as to what it looked like.  So opened it up and she thought it was cool looking, she called up her boss who also thought it was cool.  They didn't have a problem shipping the package for me, just as long as they were able to shoot it first in the back room.  So I grabbed some bb's out of my truck, and hooked up my air rig and went in the back and fired off around 200 rounds into a pile of scrap boxes. They were all smiles and asked if I could bring back anything else that I needed to ship to them.

Went back around 2 months later to mail off my customized QB79 and they wanted to try that as well.  So knowing this was going to happen brought my stuff in with me and they had fun popping off rounds in the back with that.  No questions asked about any of the accessories that were on it or anything like that.  They were all smiles and more than happy to show them off :D

Now when I went back there last month to pick up a package for my wife the manager asked me to come back to his office....... a little worried I went back and he showed me a picture of him and his son with their new crosman bb guns.  He couldn't thank me enough for showing him the air rifle side of things and how much fun they could be!

I have found that USPS is one corp, while UPS is set up as a chain and each store is owned and managed by a different person.  The one here in my area is more than happy to ship my airguns ( either my airsoft or pellet ) and have on issues with them.

I would say check around before mailing with anyone.  The worst they can tell you is no.

Glad you have a good one!!

On the other hand MY UPS will not ship anything having anything to do with a firearm, gun or ANYTHING related. I have showed them there own regs and I am referred to the ''hub''.

I tried shipping a D60 differential and gear set once... USPS has a 50# max and this checked in a tad more... Well it is usually in a axle housing and the axle housing contains lubrication... Well this part is mostly submerged in oil... so they would not ship... I explained it was NOT in oil now but was again referred to the ''hub'' for shipment. I got a ''HUB'' for them...  :o :o :o

I do alot of internet business.... more than once I have nixed a ''deal'' because UPS was only shipping option...  :-X :-X :-X Countless thousands of packages of mine have shipped USPS since 1996... hopefully many more than that to come!!
I ship USPS or Fed EX... NEVER a issue... and NEVER UPS!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

arkmaker †

The last two pistols I sent FedEx, because UPS wanted 32  bucks for a 3.2 lb package. The other one weighed 5 lbs and I did not even ask! FedEx charge for both was 32 bucks. Had I been able to ship USPS, I would have been able to do them both for around 22 bucks What's a poor guy to do  ???