Grip styles...what do you prefer?

Started by KBR97, April 06, 2013, 04:28:49 PM

KBR97

Being that RB is back open I think I may grab a set of grips soon for my 1337. Just not sure what style to go with. What do you guys prefer for 2 handed shooting, Sportsman profile or the Target profile? I rather have something thats more comfortable for 2 handed shooting, and also save weight wherever possible.

Another quick question as far as the pumpers....
Whats the size comparison of the RB's standard sized pumper to the stock plastic one form crosman? I'm not sure if I like the "bulkiness" of the superpumper. Although the superpumper sometimes looks nice and seems like it would make pumping alot easier, I rather save the weight and keep a more slimmed down look/feel.
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

chongman

I like RB's Sportsman grips though they are a little bit bulky just like the super pumper handle.  I'd get a set "unfinished" and do a little shaping with a dremel and sanding work to make them fit you just right.  A project I've been working on lately.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

WyoMan

Sportsman w/ superpumper......I have 4 of them and ordered another set last week  :-*
I wasn't sure which one to get on my first order, thinking the s-pump would be too bulky
then I read on some forums that some people got the standard size and switched to s-pump it fits your hand real nice  :-*
You need an adjustable piston to keep the forearm lock tight or the foreman may not stay closed with no pumps in the valve
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

Pikie

The Sportsman work great for two handed hold. Target are not as comfortable as I think they are designed for one handed hold. The super pumper is much easier to use and not heavy at all. I got mine finished, but the next ones will be unfinished and customized for me :-*
Vince

tnpaw

;) I like the Sportsman and the SuperPumper! Makes the gun so nice to shoot and helps my old tire shoulder's!....tnpaw :-*

Fronzdan

I find the Sportsmanship to be too fat on the bottom.  I second what Chongman said.  Get them unfinished and do some shaping.  I Dremeled off a lot of that thickness and they feel very nice. Also if you get the rainbow models, it's best to finish with the glossy.

chongman

The Sportsman have a lot of "meat" to work with, to get them to fit your hand.

Here you can see on the left (partially obscured-old picture) a RB grip, untouched and on the right one that I have been shaping to fit my hand. Maybe this will inspire you bust out the Dremel tool and sand paper.

It's not done yet, you'll have to wait for the Gauntlet II entry to see the finished grips  :D

KBR97

Looks like I will most likely go with the sportsman. I wanted to get a colored set so I won't be able to refinish them. Still thinking about it.

Anyone have a pic of the super pumper looking down on the pistol so I can get an idea of how much thicker it is?
1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

chongman

Quote from: KBR97 on April 07, 2013, 05:18:32 AM
Looks like I will most likely go with the sportsman. I wanted to get a colored set so I won't be able to refinish them. Still thinking about it.

Anyone have a pic of the super pumper looking down on the pistol so I can get an idea of how much thicker it is?

I'll take a picture sometime tomorrow if nobody posts one.

KBR97

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m

Motorhead

Self made customs that ACTUALLY fit your hand  :-*
2 M-Rods .22 & .177 Reg
Air Arms TX200 MkIII .177
RWS / Diana-75 HV TO-1  .177 
Diana 100 SSP .177
FWB-124D .177 
HW 35  .177
RAW TM-1000 .177 .20 .22
WAR WarP .177 .25
Taipan Mutant .22
Sheridan Blue streak .20
BSA Scorpion .177 Reg
BAM 50 Custom .25 Reg
Hatsan AT44 .22 Reg
Shoebox / Alpha 90 4.5K & CF tanks

Tater

Very cool grips Motorhead. Post some pics with them installed please.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

ped

the maple grips look real nice michael  :-*
are those the grips you made for your very tasty bullpup motorhead they do look well
i prefer very slim grips for pistols without all the finger grips the pair i like the best are these on my as2550
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

chongman

Quote from: chongman on April 07, 2013, 05:57:58 AM
I'll take a picture sometime tomorrow if nobody posts one.

Sorry but I don't have a gun to mount it on, here's a picture, maybe that will give you an idea of the width difference...

KBR97

1377C
Baikal IZH 53m