Weekly Shooting Schedule

Started by Crosshairs, April 07, 2013, 02:56:17 PM

Crosshairs

Am i the only one that has a shooting schedule as most of you know i shoot every day so to break up the boredom i do different things. I also will make it different from week to week kinda like working out with weights. The only thing i will do every day is practice for one hour starting with large bulls eyes and working my way down to the fly target. I find this makes me a much better shooter and it's much more fun then doing the same thing day after day.
                                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

Although I don't have a schedule, I do try to shoot every day.  I mix it up between rifles and pistols.  I enjoy shooting at 1/4" bullseyes, either on printed targets, or on scrap cardboard that I put a bunch of small circles on with a marker.  A particular challenge for accuracy is to draw a large X onto a piece of paper, and try to hit the lines of the X to create an X of pellet holes. RC

Crosshairs

Quote from: RC1947 on April 07, 2013, 04:25:08 PM
Although I don't have a schedule, I do try to shoot every day.  I mix it up between rifles and pistols.  I enjoy shooting at 1/4" bullseyes, either on printed targets, or on scrap cardboard that I put a bunch of small circles on with a marker.  A particular challenge for accuracy is to draw a large X onto a piece of paper, and try to hit the lines of the X to create an X of pellet holes. RC
Cool idea with the X RC did you ever write RC and shoot at that, i like to shoot a blank piece of paper with one pellet and try to hit it if i dont get in the same hole i shoot another pellet to make another hold and so on..
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

RC1947

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 07, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
Cool idea with the X RC did you ever write RC and shoot at that, i like to shoot a blank piece of paper with one pellet and try to hit it if i dont get in the same hole i shoot another pellet to make another hold and so on..
                       Mike

I do that too and no, haven't tried my initials, but the idea is the same.  What's difficult about an X is that there's no horizontal or vertical reference. RC

willc

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 07, 2013, 02:56:17 PM
Am i the only one that has a shooting schedule as most of you know i shoot every day so to break up the boredom i do different things. I also will make it different from week to week kinda like working out with weights. The only thing i will do every day is practice for one hour starting with large bulls eyes and working my way down to the fly target. I find this makes me a much better shooter and it's much more fun then doing the same thing day after day.
                                 Mike

I have also found that mixing things up and keeps shooting more interesting for me.
Shooting from different pistols in short time span keeps me on my toes cause I am forced to keep myself aware the different trigger pulls, weight, sightings, and so on.

Also I don't restrict myself to the painted lines on the floor all the time.
Varying distances from shot to shot is another thing I will do at times.

I like analogy to weight training that you make Mike.
Shooting requires the same type of varying practice to be a fit and well rounded shooter.

This weekend I got around to putting on a steel breech on my 1377 and had planned on using a red dot till my open site arrives in the post.
Well I had a bear of a time zeroing it and in the end just took it off.

So you think I can put it aside and wait for the site.
No way.
After about 10 minutes I started getting nice groups with only the front blade.
The key is once sighted then elevate slightly.

This was a procedure for firing the Stinger and Redeye missiles when I was in the service.
Besides I figured the cowboys in the old west did ok with a blade sight so I should be able to also.

Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

Pikie

I like the ideas I am getting here! I hope some members post more. I pretty much sit and stand at ten meters and shoot bullseye's. Not very exciting, but quite a challenge to get five, five shot groups in a dime size.
Vince

Brent

Quote from: Crosshairs on April 07, 2013, 04:45:08 PM
  i like to shoot a blank piece of paper with one pellet and try to hit it if i dont get in the same hole i shoot another pellet to make another hold and so on..
                       Mike

I do that too Mike. Usually it is after I have shot the targets with 5 or so shots. Then move out to the side of them and shoot a pellet hole, and use it as a new bullseye. Let's me shoot longer without needing to change the target out, and have found it to be pretty fun actually. Need to do it like you are... just use a clean sheet of paper to start.