Think I have enough?

Started by woody67, April 11, 2013, 03:37:23 PM

BDS

cool beans and do some polling of PCP shooters on those shoebox compressors, I have heard more bad than good on them and... did you know they require a 150 psi shop compressor in tandem with the shoebox unit to operate?

HPA compressors are much like helicopters, designed to beat themselves into scrap piles  :D
Brian

woody67

Quote from: BDS on April 11, 2013, 10:18:33 PM
cool beans and do some polling of PCP shooters on those shoebox compressors, I have heard more bad than good on them and... did you know they require a 150 psi shop compressor in tandem with the shoebox unit to operate?

HPA compressors are much like helicopters, designed to beat themselves into scrap piles  :D

Settled. I will not be buying a shoebox....

Noah

Quote from: woody67 on April 11, 2013, 03:37:23 PM
I think this should cover me for a while....

8 tins of JSB 18gr .22cal for my 2400kt pistol

5 tins of JSB Kings .25 cal for my marauder
3 tins of Polymags .25 cal for my marauder
1 tin of benjamin hunters for marauder, although I doubt I'll even open the package. I have seen horrible groupings from them out of mrods...

4 tins of Baracuda 31gr .25 cal for marauder, although I bought them for the AAA Condor (they will be too light for this particular gun, but Tony is putting in a one-piece tophat that has different inserts that regulate different power levels. It's great, because I can go from shooting 70+ grain slugs in one minute, change the tophat insert, and I'll be shooting 25 and 30gr pellets the next.)

8 tins of .25 cal EunJins for the Condor.

No, you do NOT have enough. Check out this stash: http://www.network54.com/Forum/79537/thread/1362376948/Here+are+some+pellets+I%27m+taking+to+the+Pacific+Airgun+Expo+II%2C+Fresno
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

mackelby

Woody, have to ask, why no wadcutters?

woody67

Quote from: mackelby on April 12, 2013, 04:53:06 PM
Woody, have to ask, why no wadcutters?

I don't have a use for them...I like to target shoot, but I like to hunt with the same precision and exactness. I wouldn't use wadcutters for hunting, so it would seem pointless to use them period.
For me, a bullseye on a target with a pellet I can't use for anything else feels pointless.
That's just me though, and we all know I'm a bit weird.
                      :P

I bought a tin of wadcutters for Mal the other day. They will go with the 357 I bought for her birthday present. (I'll be painting the grips and possibly the barrel cover pink...it will be unique. Note: it is not my gun, but I do expect you guys to make fun of me for having another pink gun! :D)

I think the improved accuracy of the wadcutters will be good for getting her to really focus on each shot. The gun she shoots now groups like a 12guage.

mackelby

Woody, great response. I was buying pellets last night, I passed on the wadcutters this time for almost the same reason. But after I got home with my pellets, I had to remind myself that I wasn't sure if my 2240 and 2289g have what it takes to to kill tree rats and rabbits.

BDS

Quote from: woody67 on April 12, 2013, 05:04:37 PM
I don't have a use for them...I like to target shoot, but I like to hunt with the same precision and exactness. I wouldn't use wadcutters for hunting, so it would seem pointless to use them period.
For me, a bullseye on a target with a pellet I can't use for anything else feels pointless.
That's just me though, and we all know I'm a bit weird.
                      :P

I bought a tin of wadcutters for Mal the other day. They will go with the 357 I bought for her birthday present. (I'll be painting the grips and possibly the barrel cover pink...it will be unique. Note: it is not my gun, but I do expect you guys to make fun of me for having another pink gun! :D)

I think the improved accuracy of the wadcutters will be good for getting her to really focus on each shot. The gun she shoots now groups like a 12guage.

Good deal, shootin is only fun if you hit what you aim at, she will like that 357 and the wadcutters are made for makin clean cut holes in decent paper targets (heavier stock than printer paper)
Brian

1377x

Quote from: mackelby on April 12, 2013, 07:36:05 PM
Woody, great response. I was buying pellets last night, I passed on the wadcutters this time for almost the same reason. But after I got home with my pellets, I had to remind myself that I wasn't sure if my 2240 and 2289g have what it takes to to kill tree rats and rabbits.
I know a stock 2289 will take nutters and wabbits at 10-15 yds. cant speak for the 2240
closed mouths dont get fed

mudduck48

Quote from: 1377x on April 11, 2013, 08:40:43 PM
now that you have the .25 you need some bullets to go with the pellets
Would the 25ACP 50gr RNFMJ work?
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Colt25

Nope, you don't have enough. Not even close.
You can never have enough ammo.

mudduck48

Quote from: Colt25 on May 28, 2013, 12:04:04 AM
Nope, you don't have enough. Not even close.
You can never have enough ammo.
Yea, what he said. "They" are on the bandwagon to ban lead. Buy as many pellets as you can afford. When they are gone, they are gone.Then you have to make your own. :-X
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Colt25

Quote from: mudduck48 on May 28, 2013, 04:05:35 AM
Yea, what he said. "They" are on the bandwagon to ban lead. Buy as many pellets as you can afford. When they are gone, they are gone.Then you have to make your own. :-X

Homemade airgun bullet molds/drill bits should be made...

T191032

Enough?  Nah,  shoot a tin full, buy 10 to replace it!   :D  (Yeah, I know you don't get as many .25 as .177 in a tin, so, maybe buy 20?  LOL

"I bought a tin of wadcutters for Mal the other day. They will go with the 357 I bought for her birthday present. (I'll be painting the grips and possibly the barrel cover pink...it will be unique. Note: it is not my gun, but I do expect you guys to make fun of me for having another pink gun!"

Nah, I won't.  I got two Crosman 760s with pink stocks.  Stopped by a Wal-Mart to look at an airsoft pistol for a female friend before heading home today.  Spring piston, single-shot, S&W CS45 "Pink".  A YouTube vid of it - [youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ7GQcysxvQ#]SMITH & WESSON CHIEF SPECIAL AIRSOFT[/url]
She has this kit - http://marinesairsoft.crosman.com/armory/MCKT01 and had fabricated a "sling" from fabric, it's not practical.  I found a shoulder strap I'd gotten in some auction stuff we are going to try to upgrade her Sling situation.  When I sent her the picture she loved that it was "hot pink".

As for no Wadcutters, heck, I'm getting to be the opposite, as punching paper is most of what I do, so I've got more wadcutter pellets than RN & the odd ball stuff.

".22 JSB UltraMag   (26.4 gr)"

Wadcutter shape, looks awesome!  Me better think about adding to my next order.  LOL
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.