Wolud You Recommend Tippman Stock and Adaptor?

Started by BDS, April 11, 2013, 07:05:34 PM

BDS

wheww... thought it might BE the wife's thumb!? :D That's one way to keep e'm away from the folding stock guns ;D
Brian

Fronzdan

Man that thumb is freakin me out.  But that gun is badass.

I'd also say that a straight stock on an adapter provides a somewhat awkward cheek weld.  I don't like extra high mounts. 

Trophyhunter49

JEBert

Quote'd also say that a straight stock on an adapter provides a somewhat awkward cheek weld.  I don't like extra high mounts.
That is one reason I traded it.
Jerry
NRA Life Member
USAF Veteran 1973-1977 (43151E) Sgt (E-4)

targettgii

I have the adapter from HPA and like it very much,and like most of you guys say cheek weld is a problem.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

tinker

I to have a Mellon stock adapter that I replaced the set screws that came with it to the next longer size for more holding strength keeping the Tippman stock from moving.  Now the only play I have is from the AR style collapsible stock.  I haven't tried to shim the play in the sliding section.

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

ped

with a raised breech the cheek welds fine i've got a hpa'd as2250 with a crosmods hpa adapter that makes the bottle in line with the main tube instead of angled like the original crosman part
this has a standard breech and i've had to fit high mounts to get a good cheek weld i'm also building a xs78 that has a rear mounted hpa tank similar to my as2250 this has a breech riser and the cheek weld appears to be fine
so my conclusion is straight stocks are ok with breech risers but with standard breeches can cause bad cheek welds(this is for my applications what works for me might not suit others)
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

Brian