More confused every day!!!!

Started by azmark, May 11, 2013, 04:51:16 AM

Crosshairs

The 2250 tube is longer then the 2240 and 2300 tubes.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

That statement made by the OP was pretty confusing and not real sure exactly what point he was trying to make.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Crosshairs

Quote from: quickster47 on May 19, 2013, 03:29:44 AM
That statement made by the OP was pretty confusing and not real sure exactly what point he was trying to make.

Carl

x1
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

azmark

You mean the one about the tubes?  I was trying to visualize what the pistols would look like with the 14.xx inch barrel.  I imagined it would look a bit goofy wit such a long barrel.  When I saw the picture I realized it doesn't seem so long because of the longer tube.  I would like to gain velocity with a longer barrel but there's a point that a pistol is unwieldy.

I was just having a brain fart with the thing about pressure in the tube.  I've been on the road teaching and got a bit burned out.  :-[

azmark

Quote from: lillysdad621 on May 18, 2013, 11:25:00 PM
the 2400 and the 2300 share the same are the same tubes as the 2250 and 2240. the trigger groups are the same and not adjustable. the 2300S comes with a allen screw on the back of the trigger guard to restrict the travel of the trigger once pulled over the sear. If you want adjustable you need the spring and adjustable sleeve that come with the 2300S. As per power and co2 consistency... co2 will produce the same pressure at a given temperature as long as there is liquid CO2 in the powerlet. just wait a little between shots so that the barrel will return to room temperature, as it influences the rate of expansion of the gas that pushes the pellet. I have a 2240 with a home modified valve, a home made transfer port and a stronger hammer spring, with a 14 in barrel and a long metal breech. it shoots 25 shots at 550 fps with crosman prems... at the 25 shot it dumps all the co2 left and i know to replace the powerlet. very consistent and hard enough for 25 yard nutters... the 2250 tube is beneficial to use a forestock, or if you want to bulk fill... but if you do you must modify the piercer in the valve (grind it off). I do not reccomend it... you are better off getting a unsafe gadget... or cutting down a disco.

You're getting the performance I want from my pistol.  Are there commercially available parts to duplicate that performance?

lillysdad621

yes... the performance mods i made mimick the crooked barn setup of the tom cat... what i think to be the best hunting pistol available. those numbers are actually somewhat mild, as the boss valve that they use allows for close to 600 fps with a 14 inch barrel. check with crooked barn...