Finaly caved and "Went for the Steel"!

Started by Flex, May 15, 2013, 04:28:19 AM

Flex

I thought that I was going to be able to resist both the temptation and peer pressure RE:NOT upgrading any of my Crosman airguns. I was doing pretty good for a while. I figured that 459MT Intermount dovetails would be fine for my pumpers. Actually, they were! I had both a Crosman & a Daisy "Red Dot" sight mounted up using the Intermounts. For the price, they did pretty much what they said they would. They did elevate the sights a little more than I liked. Had more of a "chin weld" instead of a cheek weld on the stock. Still, I was able to be consistently accurate using them. Anyway, I was ordering some parts earlier this month and the order was a bit skimpy. I like to have my S & H be 10% or less. On a whim, I told Sally, "what the heck gimme a couple of those things, one in .177 & one in .22" (didn't actually say it that way but I did order one of each). FYI since they are considered accessories, they ship from a different warehouse that the parts portion of the order BUT Sally told me that there would still only be one $4 S & H charge. Posts by others led me to believe otherwise. They came about a week later. The breeches on one day and the parts on the next. Believe it or not, I didn't rush on down to the "Man Cave" and mount them up :o. I had a few others things going on. Finally got one on my $40 Amazon "American Classic" and a few days later put the other one on my BackPacker. I'm sure no one will be surprised when I say that "steel breeches for the Crosman 13xx & 22xx series air guns is really an awesome upgrade!" The heft alone that they add is impressive. The ability to mount various high-end sights as well as scopes is a definite benefit but I do wish they would have made it easier to use the stock sight that came with the gun. So here's a pic of my current favs sporting their "new breeches".

The BackPacker was previously upgraded with the 14.5" barrel (maybe that's called backbred?) and now has a Gamo 4x20 TV WA scope that I harvested off a recent find. The American Classic has the screw on stock and currently has the Daisy Electronic (Red Dot) sight atop the steel breech. The steel breech gives them both a look and feel that really appeals to me. I think that others feel the same way about this "accessory" for the air guns that we all love so much. I suppose that there are a few (maybe many) out there that are saying "what took him so long?" Well I'm here now! Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Baltim0re28

Looking good man, both of them. I wish I would have only had to pay $4 shipping on mine that I ordered from Crosman.
James.

breakfastchef

You are preaching to the choir, Flex. Breech upgrade is one of those mandatory things that just make the gun better in many ways. Both good looking shooters, too. I am afraid you are going to be upgrading the optics sooner than you think.
Larry

bgmcgee

Looking good flex.  :-* I'm with 28 wish I knew about calling in orders before I bought the breech off of Crosman's website.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

Sally,Sally, ahhh, Sally. I like Sally. She is the one!!! :-\ Sally is the one that gave me THE number for the Crosman backpacker forarm. 1389-025. Because of Sally you all now have the new forarm. She went out of her way, last year, to find the new number that was no where anywhere on the net. And as soon as I got off the phone with her, you all had that number. Thank you Sally ;) :P
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Baltim0re28

Quote from: bgmcgee on May 15, 2013, 04:51:24 AM
Looking good flex.  :-* I'm with 28 wish I knew about calling in orders before I bought the breech off of Crosman's website.

I called mine in with an order for a few barrels and other things. I was still charged $4 shipping for the barrels and other stuff and $12 shipping for the breech. BUT, I didn't talk to Sally.. ???
James.

jSan22

nice. soon you'll want to install a flat top piston, then maybe a nice variable A.O scope, and a wood stock, and maybe polish her down a bit, and .......
yeah, its a addiction.

Flex

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on May 15, 2013, 05:09:28 AM
I called mine in with an order for a few barrels and other things. I was still charged $4 shipping for the barrels and other stuff and $12 shipping for the breech. BUT, I didn't talk to Sally.. ???
Funny thing is, when I made the call, I was just going to check on the availability of some parts for an older 760 that I thought would be in the "obsolete" mode. When I found that they still carried most of what I was looking for, I decided to place the order. I was just going to order one steel breech but "went crazy" when she assured me that the S & H would be only $4 for the entire order! Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Crosshairs

Your pumpers look awesome and a fine upgrade you made indeed IMO the breech and a trigger are two of the best things you can do to improve your guns it will keep that barrel secure for that optic you want without worrying about the barrel shifting side to side and a smooth trigger will improve your shooting. The next thing i would do is change the barrel bands this will lock the front of the barrel up and pumping wont loosen it up like the plastic BB does. Nice job  :-*
                                  Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Great job.  We knew you would eventually succumb to the 'Steel' desire and update your guns.  Took a little longer but it happened.

Nice set up on both guns.  :-*

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

agninja

Sometimes I feel like the good ol' engineers at Crosman woke up one day and were like "Ermagherd, PLASTIC!" And they just went nutso incorporating plastic parts into as many aspects of the gun as possible. The breech, the trigger assembly cover, and especially the barrel band do NOT need to be plastic.  The stock I don't mind because its still durable and lightweight. But yea, they diffinitely start looking and feeling like a man's gun when you put that steel breech on.
Black air pistols matter.

crossliner

Quote from: Flex on May 15, 2013, 04:28:19 AM
I thought that I was going to be able to resist both the temptation and peer pressure RE:NOT upgrading any of my Crosman airguns. I was doing pretty good for a while. I figured that 459MT Intermount dovetails would be fine for my pumpers. Actually, they were! I had both a Crosman & a Daisy "Red Dot" sight mounted up using the Intermounts. For the price, they did pretty much what they said they would. They did elevate the sights a little more than I liked. Had more of a "chin weld" instead of a cheek weld on the stock. Still, I was able to be consistently accurate using them. Anyway, I was ordering some parts earlier this month and the order was a bit skimpy. I like to have my S & H be 10% or less. On a whim, I told Sally, "what the heck gimme a couple of those things, one in .177 & one in .22" (didn't actually say it that way but I did order one of each). FYI since they are considered accessories, they ship from a different warehouse that the parts portion of the order BUT Sally told me that there would still only be one $4 S & H charge. Posts by others led me to believe otherwise. They came about a week later. The breeches on one day and the parts on the next. Believe it or not, I didn't rush on down to the "Man Cave" and mount them up :o. I had a few others things going on. Finally got one on my $40 Amazon "American Classic" and a few days later put the other one on my BackPacker. I'm sure no one will be surprised when I say that "steel breeches for the Crosman 13xx & 22xx series air guns is really an awesome upgrade!" The heft alone that they add is impressive. The ability to mount various high-end sights as well as scopes is a definite benefit but I do wish they would have made it easier to use the stock sight that came with the gun. So here's a pic of my current favs sporting their "new breeches".

The BackPacker was previously upgraded with the 14.5" barrel (maybe that's called backbred?) and now has a Gamo 4x20 TV WA scope that I harvested off a recent find. The American Classic has the screw on stock and currently has the Daisy Electronic (Red Dot) sight atop the steel breech. The steel breech gives them both a look and feel that really appeals to me. I think that others feel the same way about this "accessory" for the air guns that we all love so much. I suppose that there are a few (maybe many) out there that are saying "what took him so long?" Well I'm here now! Flex

You can't imagine how I felt when my 1st Crosman steel breech landed on Philippine shores  :D

Cwlongshot

I'll put one on every gun I buy!  Last gun I ordered it with the gun!  Far better support!

They look good best of luck with them!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

BigErn

targettgii

Those are a couple of nice shooters Flex and yeah the steel breech actually any breech other than the plastic stock one is a must have. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T