beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

DRAGON64

Quote from: Brent on June 04, 2013, 09:39:54 PM
Had actually had this bookmarked for when I wanted the next one, or one as a present.
$37.80 shipped ground.
http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Beeman-P17-Deluxe-Pellet-PistolNo-Sight-2004_p_10859.html

I quoted this older post from June, as it is still valid... I just joined the P17 club by purchasing off the linked site for $36.52.  I'm thinking now I should have ordered two, but I'll wait and shoot it first.

Note:  This is the "No Sight" version meaning no fiber optics... DOH!
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

mudduck48

Quote from: DRAGON64 on October 15, 2013, 02:24:41 PM
I quoted this older post from June, as it is still valid... I just joined the P17 club by purchasing off the linked site for $36.52.  I'm thinking now I should have ordered two, but I'll wait and shoot it first.

Note:  This is the "No Sight" version meaning no fiber optics... DOH!
That is confusing, but the "no sight " means no red dot sight. The new ones they are selling now all have the fiber optic sights on them. And, welcome to the P17 club.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

DRAGON64

Quote from: mudduck48 on October 15, 2013, 02:46:53 PM
That is confusing, but the "no sight " means no red dot sight. The new ones they are selling now all have the fiber optic sights on them. And, welcome to the P17 club.

That is good to know, as I googled the No Site variant and all of the images showed the original blade site...  Thanks for the clarification.
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

mudduck48

Here are the sights on my new one.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

DRAGON64

I could be happy with those sights...  I watched a boat load of videos about the P17 on youtube last night, and it would seem that most users were quite happy with the platform.  Mine has shipped out, and I expect it on Friday... too bad I will be on a high school band trip this weekend.  I won't get to play until Monday!

KevinP

I won't get to play until Monday!

WHAT ?? you are not going to play in the band ...  ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

DRAGON64

Quote from: KevinP on October 16, 2013, 06:04:47 PM
I won't get to play until Monday!

WHAT ?? you are not going to play in the band ...  ?

My daughter is in the band (9th grade) and I drive the tractor trailer that hauls the equipment to and from the shows... this weekend we are performing in Georgia (Bands of America).  This is a long trip, so I will need Monday and the P17 to relax a little.

KevinP

Quote from: DRAGON64 on October 16, 2013, 07:23:47 PM
My daughter is in the band (9th grade) and I drive the tractor trailer that hauls the equipment to and from the shows... this weekend we are performing in Georgia (Bands of America).  This is a long trip, so I will need Monday and the P17 to relax a little.

to cool, hope the weekend went well ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: DRAGON64 on October 16, 2013, 07:23:47 PM
I remebe those days . Both of myboys were in the band. Every Friday nite we were on the road gngto a ball game or at home games cooking. I drove the equipment truck. Man that seems like 100 yrs ago. We had a lt of funn back then,I wish my boys were youg again and back in the band at school. Times were a lot better then

DRAGON64

Thanks guys, between my daughter and son, I have been driving for the band for 6-years now, and have 3 more seasons to go...

On a related note, looks like tracking has my pistol out for delivery today...WOOT!  I'll try and get it shot a few times this evening, weather provided.

WyoMan

Congrads!!  :-* ....hope the weather hold for you, lots of fun!
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

DRAGON64

Delivered to my house and here I am at work...  I will rectify this problem in two hours time!

KevinP

Quote from: DRAGON64 on October 17, 2013, 07:31:14 PM
Delivered to my house and here I am at work...  I will rectify this problem in two hours time!

keep your mind off it ... it will be there when you get home  ...
Kevin
Albany, New York

Bazmati2020

Fellow P17'er

Hi, today I had a bit of a plink with Geko as I usually do, but I then switched to hobby pellets as I've bought a load and dull clunk....no pellet comes out.

The only way it shots is if I force pellet into rifling  >:(

Trophyhunter49

My P17 is one of my most accurate air guns. Great 5 and 10 meter gun. I never did thank mudduck for putting me on to the Beeman P17. Thanks duck. I have had no troble out of it with any pellet I have shot in it.