beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

USMA-1982

Just joined the P17 club.  Ordered from Amazon - should be here Wed or Thu.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

Quote from: ajhuff on July 04, 2013, 12:01:20 AM
Bought one just based on this thread. arrived today. Already pinched my hand in it. Pouring rain outside so only got a few test shots off so can't really say much other than wow is it quiet. Hope to have as much fun as everyone else is showing!

-AJ

Ouch..  :-X

The P17 takes a little "maneuvering with the hand you use to close up the action.

Start with a grip to apply pressure and end the closing with an open palm, fingers straight out. I only pinched a finger once, and this method has become natural since then. It's motivation by pain avoidance! :-*
Brian

mudduck48

Hay there P17 club members, UPS just stoped by my house. Yep, 2 more. Buy 2 and they get cheaper, $32.52 ea. Just can't pass up a good deal. I have started my Christmas shopping.LOL  ;D
http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Beeman-P17-Deluxe-Pellet-PistolNo-Sight-2004_p_10859.html
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

BDS

Quote from: mudduck48 on July 08, 2013, 11:15:20 PM
Hay there P17 club members, UPS just stoped by my house. Yep, 2 more. Buy 2 and they get cheaper, $32.52 ea. Just can't pass up a good deal. I have started my Christmas shopping.LOL  ;D
http://www.bigsupplyshop.com/Beeman-P17-Deluxe-Pellet-PistolNo-Sight-2004_p_10859.html

Oh ya Duck... you are on a roll  :-*
Brian

USMA-1982

Mine arrived today.  Put about 50 pellets through it so far.  Not grouping yet so I'm going to run a patch or two down the barrel.  Tried about 25 each of Crosman wad cutter and destroyers.  Little bit hard to load, so thinking domed pellets might be better.  Duck - what are you using?

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

mudduck48

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 12, 2013, 08:50:55 PM
Mine arrived today.  Put about 50 pellets through it so far.  Not grouping yet so I'm going to run a patch or two down the barrel.  Tried about 25 each of Crosman wad cutter and destroyers.  Little bit hard to load, so thinking domed pellets might be better.  Duck - what are you using?
My new one, I have 2 now, it seems to like the H&N Excites. But I use a small dowel to seat the pellet. You could also take pencil and sharpen then cut the end off a bit. My old one it likes the old Crosman FP pellets I bought off ebay.

USMA-1982

Thanks Duck - will give the pencil trick a try.  Fun little pistol.  Good work out cocking it, too!
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

BDS

RWS R10 Match fit beautifully so do RWS Basic ($3.90 / 500 at Wallyworld on line) both shoot one hole at 10 meters :-*
Brian

USMA-1982

I'll look for some of those.  Meanwhile I'm ordering these four domed pellets from PA.  Buy 3 get 1 free.

Beeman Field Target Special, 8.64 grains
RWS Superdome, 8.3 grains
JSB Match Diabolo, 8.3 grains
H&N Field Target, 8.49 grains

After cleaning a lot of black grease out of the barrel here's a pretty nice 5 shot string.  This is 5 meters, off hand.  The 6 ring is 1.5" diameter.

Ed

Fredericksburg VA

KevinP

:o what is the cocking force on this ? does it get easier with use ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

mudduck48

Quote from: KevinP on July 13, 2013, 02:51:25 PM
They say it's 28lbs. I would think that if it got easier, then there would be something wrong. It would not be sealing right. I have 270 shots throught my new one and it's still hard to close.

HappyHunter

does it get easier with use ?

Mine hasn't and I have shot almost three tins through it so far (1500 rounds).

Like Duck said - being a SSP, if it does get easier then the o-ring is probably kaput and your velocity will be lower too...
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

Tater

Like those guys said, I doesn't get easier by "breaking in", but (for me at least) you just get more used to closing it after a while so it gets a little easier that way.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

USMA-1982

A bike or lifting glove on the left hand, the kind with padded palm but no fingers, makes closing it easier.
Ed

Fredericksburg VA

Tater

Quote from: USMA-1982 on July 13, 2013, 07:14:53 PM
A bike or lifting glove on the left hand, the kind with padded palm but no fingers, makes closing it easier.

Great idea!
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs