beeman P17

Started by mudduck48, June 04, 2013, 04:44:08 AM

Crosshairs

Finally got one for 30 bucks from a member now i know why you guys like them so much.
                                    Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

BigErn

Nice one Mike! Now you are a P17 club member too  :-* :-*

HappyHunter

Quote from: Crosshairs on July 20, 2013, 11:24:17 PM
Finally got one for 30 bucks from a member now i know why you guys like them so much.
                                    Mike

Wait just a flippin' minute here....you mean to tell me that I (the guy who only has 9 guns in my WHOLE collection) actually had one of these before Mike "the-guy-who-has-more-inventory-than-Pyramid Air"??.... :o Wow, I never thought that to be possible! :P ;D ;D ;D

All kidding aside Mike, congrats on the new purchase, man :-*. Hope you like it as much as I like mine!
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

Crosshairs

Quote from: HappyHunter on July 21, 2013, 12:45:21 AM
Wait just a flippin' minute here....you mean to tell me that I (the guy who only has 9 guns in my WHOLE collection) actually had one of these before Mike "the-guy-who-has-more-inventory-than-Pyramid Air"??.... :o Wow, I never thought that to be possible! :P ;D ;D ;D

All kidding aside Mike, congrats on the new purchase, man :-*. Hope you like it as much as I like mine!
lmao Todd !!
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

mudduck48

YEA!!! ;D ;D Another fine member of the P17 club! :-\ :-* 8) Now I know where the other P17 went.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Drummond

I think that a P17 is in my future. I've heard they are hard to load but super accurate. For the price, I'm in  ;)
Crosman 1377, steel breech, smooth grips and forearm, BSA dot sight with laser and light
Hatsan Striker rifle in .25 cal, GRT III trigger
Beeman P-17

BillK

Fun gun..  Anyone else try to load the end of the piston rod while thinking about the last shot?  I catch myself doing this at least once a session. 
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

Tater

Too bad a pellet pen wouldn't fit in there. That would make loading so simple.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

KevinP

Quote from: Tater on July 21, 2013, 09:14:28 AM
Too bad a pellet pen wouldn't fit in there. That would make loading so simple.

;D My finger wont even fit in there ....
Kevin
Albany, New York

HappyHunter

Quote from: Drummond on July 21, 2013, 02:57:57 AM
I've heard they are hard to load but super accurate.

When I first got mine I too found it hard to load, especially with wadcutters. So what I did (right or wrong ???) was take the barrel out and sort of "crowned" the breech end with a tapered, fine grinding stone in the drill press, then polished it up. Nothing too major, just ever so slightly to break that sharp edge at the bore. Once done I reassembled and found loading to be much easier with no ill-effects to pellet seating or accuracy/velocity :-*
Todd

Don't sweat the petty things, and don't pet the sweaty things!

mudduck48

Hay there P17 club members. If you get a wild hair to take this thing apart, here is some info. to do just that and get back together.
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/derricks-on-beeman-p17-overhaul-part-1.html
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/derricks-beeman-p17-overhaul-finale.html
http://anotherairgunblog.blogspot.com/2009/02/derricks-short-list-for-beeman-p17.html
Here are some really good pics of the inside of the P17.
http://forum2.aimoo.com/UltimateAirguns/m/Airgun-Tuning-and-Repair-Section/Beeman-P17-Marksman-2004-Tech-Owners-Look-Here-1-161608.html
And, if you do not own one, here is place to buy that has a real good price. I bought 2 from them because I got them cheaper.
Good luck with the tear down and rembember, that big wire spring that pops out when you take off the right grip panel has to be back up in the grip panel when you go back together.

Tater

Good links Mr. Duck.   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Bazmati2020

Great links, thank you  :-*

mudduck48

OK, P 17 club members, I am sponsoring a P 17 shoot for September. This shoot will last from Sept. 01 to Sept. 11, my birthday.
Here the rules;
We are going to use the 12 bull target. One shot at each bull. Max score 144 and 12x
5 m, standing. If you are in a wheel chair, shoot from there.
one hand
open sights only, no scopes and no red dots
P17 guns only, no P 1 or P 3.
The winner will receive, what else? a new P17. 1st place
Second place will receive a tin of Spitz Kugln pellets I bought back in 1980.
Third place will receive 500 of my Crosman pellets.
Have any questions, please ask. And good luck ;D
Here is the target.
http://crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/pics/targets/benchrestcompscrosmancapof.jpg

USMA-1982

Link to the target?
Ed

Fredericksburg VA