What does this mean?

Started by Baltim0re28, June 06, 2013, 07:37:47 PM

Baltim0re28

Slowly finishing up my 1377 build and snapped a picture yesterday of the TKO trigger and side of the trigger frame. Didn't notice it at first when I took the picture or haven't really payed attention since I've had this particular 1377. After looking back at the picture today while I was at work I noticed the "R" on the side of the trigger frame. Any idea what it stands for?

James.

breakfastchef

I've not seen that before. I am guessing it could be a mark designating the gun is 'remanufactured'. It is very professionally done, by the way!
Larry

Baltim0re28

This is the one I had bought off of a guy on Craigslist. So I'm not really sure of its history. I do have one at home that was bought as "remanufactured" but it doesn't have that. ??? It threw me off too, in all the pictures I've ever seen of trigger frames for these guns, I've never saw another with this marking.
James.

Tater

I've always heard it stood for re-manufactured as well.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BDS

If you can believe the Airgun Depot site, they usually note that a refurb gun from Crosman and RWS too, will have an "R" stamped or etched on it. I think thats so the makers only have live up to the 30 day reduced warranty.
Brian

mr007s

I bought three at Christmas from AirGun Depot and they all had the "R" stamped on them.

willc

Just noticed that the PC77 I got from Airgun Depot also has the R stamped on the grip frame.
Will

1377/1322/2240/760/C11/Trail NPP/761/2200 Magnum/PC-77.

Baltim0re28

About 2 weeks ago I bought a refurbished 1377 from airgun depot (that was actually a pc77) and it DOESN'T have the R on it. ??? ???
James.

BDS

Maybe the "R" guy at Crosman was on vacation that week  :D
Brian

Baltim0re28

James.

1377x

the reman used to come with a "R" stamped on the grip frame
looks like they still do
is it a 2 screw or 3 screw grip frame?
closed mouths dont get fed

Baltim0re28

Quote from: 1377x on June 11, 2013, 12:03:12 AM
the reman used to come with a "R" stamped on the grip frame
looks like they still do
is it a 2 screw or 3 screw grip frame?

2 screw grip frame. Gun looks to be made March 2010. I think eventually I'm gonna sand that "R" off of there.. I don't like it.
James.

BigErn

Quote from: Baltim0re28 on June 11, 2013, 12:56:16 AM
2 screw grip frame. Gun looks to be made March 2010. I think eventually I'm gonna sand that "R" off of there.. I don't like it.

Get rid of it!

Baltim0re28

James.

BigErn