Hey hey. My first build

Started by ajhuff, June 11, 2013, 09:08:50 PM

ajhuff

I've been busy with the kiddo and not on here or playing with any of my toys for what seems like months. She's at her cousin's house this week so today I took the time to finish my .177 build, my first build.

This is really not the best way to go about a build, but my purpose was to build a pistol using many different vendors, ebay and to use Crosman as little as possible. Expensive, but from that perspective extremely successful. I really had no idea what I was doing. I started with an exploded diagram and ended up with this. And it works! Fun!

I was truly shocked that I even hit paper.

I'm not happy with the front sight, but I'll figure that out later.

-AJ

breakfastchef

An overall solid build with a good choice of parts. I am guessing you need to raise the front sight a bit.
Larry

Brent

Very Cool that you got it together and shooting! :-*

Nice combination!! :)

Fronzdan

Well don't stop now, there are plenty more upgrades you can make!! ;)

Cwlongshot

Quote from: Fronzdan on June 11, 2013, 11:49:15 PM
Well don't stop now, there are plenty more upgrades you can make!! ;)

HERE HERE!!!  It looks good but could surely use some ''bling''!  :P :P

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

tinker

Nice! Good looking build!

Glen
(Tinker)
If it's not broken then modify it!

Baltim0re28

I like it! Nice clean build. Have any ideas on you next one? You always gotta have more than one. ;D
James.

bgmcgee

I like it too, sweet and simple. Not trying to say it is a simple build I am saying simply purposeful  :-* :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mrb02334

Very nice looking pistol, but your just getting started. Now you have to add some bling!
Enjoy,
Jon

Tater

Nice job.  :-*  Looks like you made some good part/vendor choices too.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

targettgii

Very nice build I like the grips who makes them. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Crosshairs

Sharp looking pistol AJ nice job.  :-*
                 Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

ajhuff

Thanks. I'm not sure who makes the grips. I bought them off of ebay. They were listed as "rare" pine grips. I would not be surprised if "rare" meant "home made." When they arrived I was a little underwhelmed but they fit exceedingly well and felt a lot better than I ever imagined they would. I'm not sure how durable long term they are since pine is such a soft wood.

-AJ

Quote from: targettgii on June 12, 2013, 05:22:19 AM
Very nice build I like the grips who makes them. :-* :-* :-*

Crosshairs

Pine is fine.  ;D They should be ok  AJ.
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

AJ you have put together a solid looking pistol and also one that looks like it is shooting good.  As Larry mentioned check the height of your front sight.  Could be a tad low.

Wood is good and pine wood is just fine wood.  Rare could mean many things so just assume the best.  :)

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †