UTG Max Strength Quick-Detach 1" Rings on a Doomsday Bug Out ??

Started by DBOdude, June 26, 2013, 12:17:15 PM

DBOdude

i can't decide if i think these would be bad azz on a DBO with a CP 4-16x40 or goofy overkill ..... but i'm leaning towards liking them . if i got them the lever locks would go on the opposite side of the bolt . does anyone use them on their crosman pistol ? can you post a pic with them on it if you do ?

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/a/UTG_Max_Strength_Quick_Detach_1_Rings_Medium_9_11mm_Dovetail/4331

Everything isn't for Everybody ......

quickster47 †

Someone has to do it so it might as well be you.  Go for it.  But make sure you post pictures after the install.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

storsy

I'd have them at that price.
But at £59.99 from flea-bay in the uk, i can do without them.
it is ok that we protect animals rights,
But much more important,
We protect our HUMAN rights.....

Scotland-UK

crossliner

Quote from: storsy on June 26, 2013, 01:32:19 PM
I'd have them at that price.
But at £59.99 from flea-bay in the uk, i can do without them.

UK Sportsmatch mounts vs this brand is no contest for me..I will not use any other mounts on my airguns except BKL or Sportsmatch..Regards.

Fronzdan

I've used quick detach like that on a pumper before. There is a small issue that's easy to over come.  The lever when closed extends beyond the width of the ring itself.  So for example if you have one ring in front of the breech opening and one ring behind it....the latch on the front ring will fold back and block the breech opening.  If you flip the rings so the latches are on the other side of the breech, then the rear ring's lever will fold down and hit the bolt handle. 

Solution is easy.  Put the levers on opposite sides.  If its not clear, I can try to take a pic.

But I agree that these go well with a backpacker.  And you can attach/detach the scope and it doesn't really need rezeroing.

jSan22

OK. umm...... "booty monster" if you flip them to the other side they should work on a backpacker. planing on hunting with it?

DBOdude

naaaa ...... not unless something bad happens and i can't afford groceries . i'm not at all against hunting , i LOVE meat . but since i had to put down a beloved pet a few years ago i'm just not interested in killing anything unless it gives  me a reason too .

jSan22 , the cookie monster loves cookies , i love .....  ;) :-*
Everything isn't for Everybody ......