New CCS 2400kt

Started by Chadtheguru, July 11, 2013, 07:37:59 PM

Chadtheguru

It FINALLY arrived yesterday evening.  I got a chance today to gas it up and fire a few shots. Boy, does that thing shoot hard! I definitely see squirrel slaughtering potential. Also, I noticed that it isn't as loud as I expected it to be. I'm wondering if the TKO LDC will be necessary, though I'll probably still use it as a luxury since it will probably arrive tomorrow. I will probably also receive the Leapers 4x32 Crossbow scope tomorrow, so on its second day of life it will get two major upgrades.

I had a hard time making decent groups today, although I did finally get my friend's borrowed red-dot to aim in the general direction the barrel was pointing (I was cranking it the wrong way  :-[ ). I only have CPHP pellets at the moment, so I will likely have to try a few before I find out what they like, and hopefully whatever that is will be affordably cheap. My little paper target was only set up at about 25ft since thats about as far as I can see the spots on the homemade targets with the 1-by red dot. I will move my targets out to 75-100 ft whenever I get the scope on it.

After I run the first powerlet out, I hope to take down the frame and polish up the trigger mechanics. Also, the bolt feels pretty sticky. I plan on getting a long-nosed bolt from somebody somewhere, but I'll  look into smoothing the stock bolt up a little in the meantime.

Overall, I am impressed. It seems to be solidly built and worth every penny I paid for it. I can't wait to get home and shoot some more pellets through it!
Chad

breakfastchef

Thanks for sharing your initial impression of the 2400KT. After a few cartridges you will have a good fell for the trigger so when you do the trigger tune, you will likely notice an improvement. Use the TKO. On the first shot you will think something is wrong with the gun, but, in reality, it will be the TKO magic taking over your gun.

When she is all dolled up, WE WANT PICTURES!
Larry

chongman

Outstanding!

The bolt will loosen up after a couple hundred pellets.  Try some H&N brand wad cutters, affordable, nicely made and pretty decent accuracy.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

KevinP

Super !!!  have fun and enjoy  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Baltim0re28

Pictures or it never happened!! The 2400kt is an awesome shooter. A little trigger work and switching the seer spring for a lighter one and the trigger pull drastically improves. Throw the TKO on there when you get it, sounds like a rubberband gun afterwards..
James.

1377x

congrats!
try cleaning the breech. it might still have some residue on it from the factory
you will notice the difference when the tko is added. you will be checking to see if you put a cart in after you pull the trigger ;D
some barrels can be picky about which pellet its fed
definitely worth the money
now they need to add a pcp to the custom shop as well as the 1377/pc77 ;)
closed mouths dont get fed

DaveB50

First thing I do with a new gun is clean the breech, bolt and barrel, amazing how much crud is in some of them. That could be some of the problem with your groups and your sticky bolt. Put a little lube on the bolt when reinstalling. When you install the TKO, if your groups get worse, turn it 1/4 turn and check again. I had to do that with one of mine.
Crosman 1740, 12" bbl., , 1701p trigger, TKO LDC
Crosman 2260, Barracuda stock, 18"bbl., ACC LDC
Sheridan Blue Streak '68
RWS/Hammerli 850 AirMagnum .22 cal
P17
Crosman 1077

targettgii

It's been said before but some barrels are finicky about pellets so buy more and pick different ones.Congrats and good luck. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Chadtheguru

Quote from: DaveB50 on July 12, 2013, 05:16:27 AM
First thing I do with a new gun is clean the breech, bolt and barrel, amazing how much crud is in some of them. That could be some of the problem with your groups and your sticky bolt. Put a little lube on the bolt when reinstalling. When you install the TKO, if your groups get worse, turn it 1/4 turn and check again. I had to do that with one of mine.

I took the grip frame apart yesterday and tried to clean up the trigger pull. The sear was AWFUL. I wish I'd taken some pictures. It looked like it lost its way to the parts washer. Dirty, greasy, rusty. Not clean grease, either. I also cut about a loop and a half off the sear spring. Where the sear contacted the spring, it was only contacting one side of the spring, so it was really gritty and scratchy. I wound up pinching the end of the spring to close it up a little so that the sear would contact the entire spring instead of just one side. I cleaned it all up and put it back together and the trigger pull was very much improved.

I was a little disappointed at what I found in the grip frame, but I guess Crosman expects that we'll take it apart and tweak things. Looks like the breech and barrel are next.
Chad

Chadtheguru

Here's a couple pics.  (It DID happen.  :P )

Chad

AS13

I did the same as suggested on mine (.22)...Clean BBl & breech. Clean and polish up sear and trigger contact surfaces. Lighter sear spring and guide. Polish hammer. Replace the breech  screw. Long probe bolt. Then added some goodies :-*
Crosman 2240-.22
Crosman 2400KT-.22
Crosman 357W-.177
Crosman M177-.177
Crosman Vigilante - .177
Umarex SA177- BB
Winchester M11-BB

"Anything made can be made better."

KevinP

Quote from: AS13 on July 12, 2013, 01:23:29 PM
I did the same as suggested on mine (.22)...Clean BBl & breech. Clean and polish up sear and trigger contact surfaces. Lighter sear spring and guide. Polish hammer. Replace the breech  screw. Long probe bolt. Then added some goodies :-*

Looks nice, how about a side view ?
Kevin
Albany, New York

Chadtheguru

Quote from: KevinP on July 12, 2013, 01:47:24 PM
Looks nice, how about a side view ?

Yeah, what he said!  :D
Chad

Baltim0re28

Quote from: Chadtheguru on July 12, 2013, 12:27:37 PM
Here's a couple pics.  (It DID happen.  :P )

Looks good man!! I love my 2400kt. As stated I'd polish ALL the internals. Hammer,seer, contact point on trigger to seer. The black stock and forearm have a tactical look to it, I opted for the camo version.
James.

Chadtheguru

Another thing is the stock.  The stock is a little floppy. Well, not bad, but it shifts pretty easily up and down. I'm going to have to shim it up with something, probably milk-jug plastic. I made a few milk-jug washers to shim up the SLOPPY FLOPPY sear and it worked pretty good.
Chad