Midnight shopping!

Started by airriflenut, August 02, 2013, 09:41:45 AM

airriflenut

My check hit the bank at midnight and my wifes CCS 2400KT 18" .177 carbine has just been ordered. :-* :D

Since there is a 3-6 week wait I guess I'll hold off on ordering the aluminum for the LDC.  I'm not sure if I'll shorten the barrel or not, I was thinking if 14-16".  Any opinions in either barrel length??

Now I am going to try and figure out how to build the aluminum rod/wood butt stock I showed her in one of my saved custom Crosman pics.

Let the fun begin...in 3-6 weeks!!! :-* :-*  The next mod is going to be for daddy!! 8)
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

brz-ryder †

well heres a pic of my 2240 which i modded with a 2400KT tube and 14.5" barrel to let you see what it looks like

Hope it helps

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

airriflenut

That's a sweet rig you got thrr brz! :-*

Are my tired eyes deceiving me or is your bolt handle swept back?

Also, is that a true pistol scope? If so, what brand?  Leapers/UTG do
Quote from: brz-ryder on August 02, 2013, 10:11:23 AM
well heres a pic of my 2240 which i modded with a 2400KT tube and 14.5" barrel to let you see what it looks like

Hope it helps

Jim
dn't offer a "true" pistol scope
Sterling

brz-ryder †

The bolt is just the way the pic came out it`s straight . The scope is a NcStar 4x30 mildot sniper scope they call it a pistol scope but you can`t use it with your arm stretched out you hold the gun like if it was a rifle sorry not a true pistol scope. And thanks for the comments about what i did so far. in a few days i`ll have a new 12" brass tube on it having a couple of problems getting the holes and grooves in the new tube I`m new to the mill

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

T191032

Since there is a 3-6 week wait I guess I'll hold off on ordering the aluminum for the LDC.  I'm not sure if I'll shorten the barrel or not, I was thinking if 14-16".  Any opinions in either barrel length??"

Yeah, since it will be *hers*, let her shoot it a while and then ask if she wants the shorter barrel.  LOL
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

arkmaker †

18" works well with co2 in my experience.  :-*
Rich
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

airriflenut

I'll start at 18" with my LDC and see how that is first.  I'm going to try and build as much LDC towards the breech as much as possible, if I need to shorten the barrel and move the LDC out in increments it may take a while.  I'll post up some pics along the way, this is about the time I wished i had a REAL chrony instead of a "sound to sound" Android app.

I haven't even gotten the 2400KT in hand yet and I'm already planning out some future mods...we'll see just how good all that "'til death do us part" works!!! :o. Ehhh, she spoils me when she can, who am I kidding!!

Sterling