my DBO kit arrived today !!!

Started by DBOdude, August 06, 2013, 10:32:44 PM

DBOdude

ordered it from PA last thursday and it arrived here about 2 1/2 hours ago . i put the steel breech on . the accushot high rings and a CP 4-16x40AO wally world special . i also did my first mod (besides the breech) by taking the rubber o-ring out of a scripto lighter and putting it on top of the transfer port between it and the barrel  :-* .

my opinion .... and keep in mind i'm a newbie .....  :-* :-* i like it . my biggest complaint is about the stock release button already making my thumb joint area red . i don't really need to take the stock off , but i'll give it a few days to see if i get a little callous or i may take a file to it to round it off . that's my only complaint because i did a lot of research and i'm aware of the slight bit of slop on the stock (that can be fixed with tape) and also the slop in the barrel band (and that can be fixed easily for free with a soda can) . my fat sausage fingers have plenty of room to load pellets under the scope with the high mounts , i think i woulda been fine with medium mounts , but it's cool with the highs on . it DOES NOT LIKE the pointed pellets supplied with it , 8-9 out of 10 wanna get caught when the breech is closed . plus word on the forums is that those pellets aren't that accurate anyway . no problem though , i was gonna pick up a tin of CP domes at walmart anyway . anyhow , since i kinda knew about it's shortcomings (that are easily fixed) and the release pin is a easy fix/mod , i have to say i'm %100 happy with the DBO kit .  :-*

the centerpoint scope is ... OK . but the turrets aren't what i was expecting and i'm kinda not liking the forward AO location . i'll give it a few days/weeks and see if i get more comfortable with it , but i', kinda wishing i'd gotten something with side AO adjustment off the bat . the view looks mostly OK to my eyes but it does seem to want to get a tint of white or cloudiness sometimes , mostly on highest powers and far away . i'm suspecting that's to do with me having to learn to practice better eye placement rather than the scope at this point . the mil-dots look fine to me , but i'm a newbie .

so i went out and shot it several dozen times . the 20 pack of targets it comes with are very nice to have . i think i'm about 15 yards from the target . i did 3 shots initially to see if i could make a group and surprisingly i made one about the size of a lemon fairly well centered over the bull and about 3 inches high  . i lowered the turret a few times and can now hit the bull about 2 out of 5 times and my group is down to about egg size . i'm sure after i get a tin or 2 of good pellets in it along with the time to improve/get some shooting skills that it'll do much better .

so i'm very happy with the gun . as for the scope ...... i'll give it some time to see if it grows on me . i do plan to do some mods over time , heres my list in no particular order ....

24 inch barrel
A.C. flat top valve and piston
1701P trigger group and a solid or modified hammer
crosman power adjuster and springs
hollow bolt probe
possibly a TKO

i'll be doing some freebie mods too  ;) :-*

and heres a few pics to show that it happened . LOL

Everything isn't for Everybody ......

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

Looks good with that scope up there  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

BDS

Nice... and if you are mostly leaving the stock on the gun, your grip frame should already be drilled & tapped for the standard 6-32 grip screws if you want to drill and counter-sink (not too deep) on the grip area of the stock.

And for just a few $ from Crosman parts dept., get the 1701 pistol grips and 6-32 oval head screws, now you have a "1322" pistol as well as the DBO gun.
Brian

Tater

Congrats on the new shooter!   :-*
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

BigErn

Congrats and it looks awesome!!! Something about an all black gun....

chongman

Long days and pleasant nights to you...

DBOdude

thanks folks  :)
i like the all black look too .
hey chongman , you're on my list of future parts too  ;)

targettgii

That looks great Booty Monster can't wait to see it progress. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

1377x

you know we need a range report
it will serve as a baseline to the future mods coming ;)

Fronzdan

Lookin good!  I like the new Centerpoint logo on turret covers. Looks like they made them a little more tactical looking.  I don't think you could go a whole lot lower on the mount, the objective bell may not have the clearance.

Don't forget to add a barrel band to your list!

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

DBOdude

just wanna double check .....
the part number for a .22 caliber 24 inch barrel is 2260-003 .... correct ?
and what should the price be ?

also ... can i make the hole for the pivot pin 1/4 inch rather than 3/16 ?
i can't find any 3/16 bolts with a long enough shoulder , but theres plenty of 1/4 inch options .

1377x

somewhere @$16 shipped and i have seen guns with a 1/4 pivot but dont know anything else about it
if you have a 1/4" bolt or dowel stick it over the pivot hole that will at least give you an idea on how it could look

DBOdude

thanks 1377x . $16 shipped huh , i'll be placing that order tomorrow  :-* that should take it from 440ish on 10 pumps up to the low 500's and also reduce the report a lil ...... not that i find it loud to start with . but i'm sure the spl will go up when i get it modded to 650ish or a hair more  ;)

i looked at a pack of drill bits that had a 3/16 and 1/4 next to each other . but i'll wait since i don't need to take it apart that far yet . i'll probably just wait and order one when i get my f/t setup .