Waiting...and waiting...

Started by airriflenut, August 23, 2013, 03:48:50 AM

airriflenut

It's been 3 weeks since we ordered my wife's CCS 2240KT, I know they say "please allow 3-6 weeks for delivery".  I'm excited about the wife actually letting us (me) buy this for us (me) and I'm not known for my "waiting abilities"!!!  As long as I can get something the day before yesterday my meds don't need to be changed!! ;D

Oh well, wait I shall.  I'm going to get the aluminum for the LDC ordered, along with some other metals, in the next couple of days...that way I can get to modding ASAP!! :-*
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

BillK

I thought it was a long month wait for my wifes'  CCS 2250.  But that is nothing compared to the three month wait for a Mellenair order.  I know he doesn't want questioning email but I want to make sure paypal order got to him.
Anyone else received anything in a shorter time?
West Michigan
Crosman Nitro Venom .22
Crosman 760 - 782 - 1077
Sheridan S S - H - E9
Benjamin NP pistol - Disco - Prod
MIC B1 .177
2300S - 2300T - 2400kt
1740 - 2240 - 2250 - 1760 - 2260 - 1701P
1322 - 1377
MK I & II

airriflenut

My only experience with Mellonair was when I ordered my extended probe bolt and pivot pin last year, got them in just a few weeks if my memory serves me.  He does seem to get a bit irritated with inquiry emails.

Some of the other metals im ordering from onlinemetals.com is brass rod...I'm going to save a good chunk of change and eliminate the "waiting game" and make my own extended probe bolts, bolt handles and bolt knobs from now on.

If I do another 1377 mod I will make a pivot pin like the one I did recently...no nuts or c-clips (he actually uses E-clips).  Mine uses super short 6-32 socket button head screws as retainers...works great and a nice clean look!!
Sterling

Noah

Quote from: airriflenut on August 23, 2013, 04:29:07 AM
If I do another 1377 mod I will make a pivot pin like the one I did recently...no nuts or c-clips (he actually uses E-clips).  Mine uses super short 6-32 socket button head screws as retainers...works great and a nice clean look!!

Do you have a pic? 'Would love to see it  :-*
"Money is like fertilizer: When it's hoarded, it stinks. When spread around, cool stuff grows." John Densmore, drummer of The Doors

Crosman 1377, 1322, 1325, 1750, 2250 and 2540, Benjamin Steroid 392, IB QB78D, Avanti/Daisy 853, Slavia 634.

Davio

Quote from: airriflenut on August 23, 2013, 04:29:07 AM
My only experience with Mellonair was when I ordered my extended probe bolt and pivot pin last year, got them in just a few weeks if my memory serves me.  He does seem to get a bit irritated with inquiry emails.

Some of the other metals im ordering from onlinemetals.com is brass rod...I'm going to save a good chunk of change and eliminate the "waiting game" and make my own extended probe bolts, bolt handles and bolt knobs from now on.

I can honestly say that I am making my own PA's, valves and brakes for that very reason.  I was happily modifying and powder coating stuff purchased from small craftsmen to support them, but if I can't get what I want when I want it I will make it.  And if I make it it will be upgraded. And if I have it listed for sale, you can bet your AZZ it is in stock and ready to ship.  If you lead THIS old horse to water, you DAMN SURE better let him drink!  ;D
Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

airriflenut

"Do you have a pic? 'Would love to see it"

Here you go!!!  This is my custom pivot pin next to the Mellonair pin.  Mine is 3/16" diameter SS rod, don't have specs on length, I just basically stuck it thru and marked each side with a sharpie and then parted it off on my wood lathe then drilled and tapped a 6-32 hole in each end ONLY deep enough to get a couple of threads of the 6-32 socket button head screw.  I put #004 o-rings on the screws to keep it from screwing up the paint job.  What you don't see (because I forgot to take a pic of it) is an SAE841 oil impregnated bronze bushing, 1/4" o.d., 1/4" long and drilled to 3/16" i.d. for the pivot pin sleeve similar to what Mellonair has on his pivot pins.

If you can zoom in on this pic you will see the screws used to retain the pivot pin.  They are holding up excellently, I've pumped up to 40 and 60 pumps with it and NO problems at all.  The pin was made just long enough to barely protrude on each side of the main tube so it wouldn't slip inside the main tube while pumping.  A nice, clean look to the gun IMHO.
Sterling

KevinP

Sterling !!!!  nice looking shooter  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

airriflenut

Quote from: KevinP on August 23, 2013, 02:38:48 PM
Sterling !!!!  nice looking shooter  :-*

Thank you. I have more pics I will post in the "gallery" later today...gotta turn some wood while it's still nice and cool in the shop!!
Sterling

BDS

Excellent work on that pumper Sterling :-*
Brian

1377x

Quote from: Davio on August 23, 2013, 06:13:21 AM
I can honestly say that I am making my own PA's, valves and brakes for that very reason.  I was happily modifying and powder coating stuff purchased from small craftsmen to support them, but if I can't get what I want when I want it I will make it.  And if I make it it will be upgraded. And if I have it listed for sale, you can bet your AZZ it is in stock and ready to ship.  If you lead THIS old horse to water, you DAMN SURE better let him drink!  ;D
i like this
wish all vendors were like that
closed mouths dont get fed