1377's older and newer

Started by tri-5-ron, September 01, 2013, 10:49:38 PM

Tater

Looks great Ron. You might want to consider a backpacker pump arm if that is the stock 1377. Much easier to pump.
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

tri-5-ron

Hi Jerry,
Yeah,... still a few things on the wish list, Pump arm, Stainless pivot pin and Bushing, Trigger shoe, and thinking about trying one of "them-there-fancy-schmancy" Hydro Dips too. But,... these things are going to have to wait a while...

I'm sending my original Mrod stock to a GTA member to have him do some R&D work.
(you may have seen the thread where he mentions it).
We're thinking it's going to be a bit more **special** than most of the "Trim-Shave-'n'-Re-shape" jobs normally seen on a original Mrod stock.

1377x

your shooter is looking good!
it should be spitting the 14.3gr lead @440-475fps 10 pumps with the stock internals and 14" barrel
i like the older rear cocking 1377 over the new ones. they have a solid pivot pin, higher velocity and the brass valve. mine also came with a slotted 4-48 breech screw
closed mouths dont get fed

targettgii

That is shaping up real nice tri-5. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

mudduck48

Get the new backpacker forearm for it and you will be loving life. Crosman number 1389-025 $8.75 + shipping.
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

tri-5-ron

Well I spit a little lead out of it today, (and now I can tell how I've gotten a little spoiled with my Mrod).

These color dots are the same size as a dime, and were used as practice.
7 or 8 shots at #5 getting the Red Dot first sighted in, ... then 3 at #4, ... 2 more at #14,... then 1 shot each at everything else.

Not too great,.. but not the worst I've ever done either I suppose.
I'm sure a scope would help tighten it up.
My old bi-focal eyes were not real happy with the red dot at even 12 yds.
Still think I could get some rats within that range... but,... gonna need a scope sometime in the future.

1377x

rats shouldnt be a problem at 12 or less yards with a red dot. if you can put 5 shots inside a quarter(us coin) then you are good to go
does your marauder have a red dot?
not to shabby

tri-5-ron

Quote from: 1377x on September 03, 2013, 05:28:08 AM
rats shouldnt be a problem at 12 or less yards with a red dot. if you can put 5 shots inside a quarter(us coin) then you are good to go
does your marauder have a red dot?
not to shabby

Thanks,
I'm going to need to get used to a "closer-in" shooter.
Kinda spoiled with 50yd dime/nickle sized groups the Mrod does with relative ease.

Red dot on the Mrod ?
Nahh,...  It's practically got the Hubble Telescope mounted to it, haha.
It's got a 8-24 X 50mm ZOS , AO Sidewinder, Illuminated Mil-dot
My daughter has the CP 4-16 X 40mm AO/IR

1377x

nice shooters
with glass like that no wonder you get such nice groups at longer distances
practice with the red dot will shrink the groups
another thing to remember is a red dot isnt for precision shooting but more for quick acquisition shooting at close range. so if you are precise with a red dot you are a good shooter even at short distances 

breakfastchef

Quote from: tri-5-ron on September 03, 2013, 07:57:10 AM
Thanks,
It's got a 8-24 X 50mm ZOS , AO Sidewinder, Illuminated Mil-dot

A little off topic, but, what are your impressions of the ZOS scope? I periodically hear about them on forums and see them on Ebay all the time. The prices are so low, I have been skeptical about the quality.
Larry

onebaddj

Wish my guns came out like that when i drop them. Lol  looking nice and should slay some rats. The stock on that bottom mrod is sweet.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

tri-5-ron

Quote from: breakfastchef on September 03, 2013, 02:18:25 PM

A little off topic, but, what are your impressions of the ZOS scope?

Decent scope for the money. I wouldn't want to carry it around on a "Field Gun", due to overall massive size and weight... but fine for bench shooting.