How many guns do you have?

Started by brz-ryder †, September 04, 2013, 02:23:07 AM

arkmaker †

Quote from: WyoMan on September 06, 2013, 06:29:54 PM
I'm guessing the cost per hour isn't very high...thats what I have to do when I start adding  :)

I never count labor cost as this is a hobby and suppose to be fun and stress relieving!

RIGHT???  ;D

Speaking of stress release........3 more hours til quitting time and then I am off for two weeks~~  :-*
I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

WyoMan

Stress relieving it is  :-* and fun, sometimes challenging but thats part of the fun too...
2 weeks off, wow, lucky on you  ;D
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on September 06, 2013, 05:25:07 PM
Wow! A 2260. What a pain to make. Ya have to post a pic. Crosman didn't allow phones with cameras on them, so I can't show a pic of me trying to punch them things  :o
here it is
the tube was made by dc, the internals by wmva & crosman, 1701 trigger,1399 stock, crosman steel breech & barrel, bolt by mellonair
this gun has much potential i fill it to 3000psi and can go as high as 3400psi without doing a couple more mods
i am going to switch out the breech. right now i have a rjm hi-rise breech and a bfd hi-rise breech that are the candidates. i am thinking because of the power it has the bfd would be the the best choice because it uses a short 4-48 breech screw. i was told by someone who makes custom parts that the long 4-48 breech screw leads to the breech being weakly secured to the tube causing leak and accuracy issues. i have spoken to a few of the custom parts makers on the phone for an hour or more. learned some good info from them. actually 2 of the parts makers told me of the long 4-48 breech screw being the weak link why dont they just use a 6-32 screw?.

closed mouths dont get fed

BDS

How many?

This is in my sig-pic... More Than I Need and Less Than I Want

:D ;D
Brian

karatekid1975

Quote from: 1377x on September 06, 2013, 07:00:28 PM
here it is
the tube was made by dc, the internals by wmva & crosman, 1701 trigger,1399 stock, crosman steel breech & barrel, bolt by mellonair
this gun has much potential i fill it to 3000psi and can go as high as 3400psi without doing a couple more mods
i am going to switch out the breech. right now i have a rjm hi-rise breech and a bfd hi-rise breech that are the candidates. i am thinking because of the power it has the bfd would be the the best choice because it uses a short 4-48 breech screw. i was told by someone who makes custom parts that the long 4-48 breech screw leads to the breech being weakly secured to the tube causing leak and accuracy issues. i have spoken to a few of the custom parts makers on the phone for an hour or more. learned some good info from them. actually 2 of the parts makers told me of the long 4-48 breech screw being the weak link why dont they just use a 6-32 screw?.

Beautiful piece. Great job on it  :-*
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

arkmaker †

Quote from: 1377x on September 06, 2013, 07:00:28 PM

why dont they just use a 6-32 screw?.

Nice shooter Ed!

More/finer threads (higher tpi) is needed because of the thin tube wall thickness. There just isn't anything for the screw to grab onto with a coarse thread screw like the 6-32. It might look bigger, but this is one case where bigger is not better. Also, I don't believe that a shorter 4-48 screw would make any difference from the long 4-48 screw. Either way, it will only grab (thread) the thickness of the tube. If it strips, it's coming out under pressure. Which  is why it is always a good thing to anchor the valve and use a barrel band up close to the breech. A thought I have had was that to bad the valve did not extend further rearward so that a larger screw such as the 6-32 could anchor the breech through the tube and into the valve itself. Then you would end up with real security of the barrel and breech.

Of course these are my opinions, but based on 40 years of shop theory and practice (with a few failures along the way).  ;)

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

KevinP

I think I have 11 or 12 or something ....  :( .....   ;)  :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

arkmaker †

Quote from: crossliner on September 06, 2013, 06:06:04 PM
Me I have 5 only..

1 1377
2 2400KTs both .177
1 CZ S200 .177 Hunter Series
1 Gamo Whisper .177 aka junk gun lol!

How are you liking that CZ200? I have only heard good things about them.
Rich

rws_53

updated count since posting 40 on Sept 3...now at 46 with one coming (Sig Sauer P226 X-Five Open Combo).

22 pistols

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/rws53/slideshow/Pellet%20Pistol%20Collection

24 rifles

http://s14.photobucket.com/user/rws53/slideshow/Pellet%20Rifle%20Collection

and currently looking for a Baikal MP 655K and MP 657k.

Crosshairs

I will need to count them not really sure but i have a few.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

bgmcgee

Quote from: Crosshairs on October 05, 2013, 03:02:34 AM
I will need to count them not really sure but i have a few.
                            Mike
;D ;D ;D. A few that's a good one Mike.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

mudduck48

We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

1377x

Quote from: arkmaker on September 07, 2013, 12:43:39 AM

Nice shooter Ed!

More/finer threads (higher tpi) is needed because of the thin tube wall thickness. There just isn't anything for the screw to grab onto with a coarse thread screw like the 6-32. It might look bigger, but this is one case where bigger is not better. Also, I don't believe that a shorter 4-48 screw would make any difference from the long 4-48 screw. Either way, it will only grab (thread) the thickness of the tube. If it strips, it's coming out under pressure. Which  is why it is always a good thing to anchor the valve and use a barrel band up close to the breech. A thought I have had was that to bad the valve did not extend further rearward so that a larger screw such as the 6-32 could anchor the breech through the tube and into the valve itself. Then you would end up with real security of the barrel and breech.

Of course these are my opinions, but based on 40 years of shop theory and practice (with a few failures along the way).  ;)
a lot of people have changed the 4-48 to 6-32. iirc, it is recommended when using high pressures like 2600psi on up
my 70fpe disco uses (2)6-32 screws to help hold the breech down. i cant remember which vendor it was that had the breech blow the single 4-48 right out of the gun. even though that happened the slug was still sent screaming the tube at a really good speed but once they upgraded to the 6-32 breech screw the breech never popped up again ???
i dont know the science of it but when someone who makes and shoots high powered airgun routinely recommends it i usually go with the advice of the experienced
when i put the breech on using the (2)6-32 screws i could feel them really biting down
closed mouths dont get fed

arkmaker †

In this case, I still feel that more tpi is better, along with a band up near the front of the breech. Like I said, just my opinion and everyone has more than enough of those to go around  ;D

Regardless, that spot in either screw size is a weak spot because of the thin wall of the tube. Not so much a concern to me though, cause if you think about it, the only time it sees pressure is when the valve opens and then the barrel becomes the easy outlet for the air/gas behind the pellet. Sound right? Now pinning the valve is definitely a must do, because it would really suck to feel a hammer and valve hit me in the shoulder with 2k of pressure behind it!

KevinP

because it would really suck to feel a hammer and valve hit me in the shoulder with 2k of pressure behind it!

indeed .....
Kevin
Albany, New York