8 .177 pistols
5 .22 pistols
16 .177 rifles
17 .22 rifles

My Crosman pistols / My non-crosman collection /
I am also active on the UK Chinese Airgun Forum & sometimes on the GTA as well

1377x

Quote from: KevinP on October 05, 2013, 04:20:31 PM
because it would really suck to feel a hammer and valve hit me in the shoulder with 2k of pressure behind it!

indeed .....
been there
forgot to put 2 of the 3 retaining screws in before testing for leaks. luckily there was no hammer and end cap. at 1800psi the valve shot out the back of the gun hitting me in the forearm before going 30 more feet lodging itself in a box. i had a deep hard bruise the size of at least a soft ball it stayed a several weeks before starting to clear up

arkmaker the 4-48 screw is the waekest link but what can be done?
i laughed when the vendor told me about blowing the breech off the gun. iirc he was using a valve he made that released all 3000psi in one shot

my how your collection has grown brutuz and this is after you sold some off
closed mouths dont get fed

Davio

Quote from: arkmaker on October 05, 2013, 04:13:37 PM
In this case, I still feel that more tpi is better, along with a band up near the front of the breech. Like I said, just my opinion and everyone has more than enough of those to go around  ;D

Regardless, that spot in either screw size is a weak spot because of the thin wall of the tube. Not so much a concern to me though, cause if you think about it, the only time it sees pressure is when the valve opens and then the barrel becomes the easy outlet for the air/gas behind the pellet. Sound right? Now pinning the valve is definitely a must do, because it would really suck to feel a hammer and valve hit me in the shoulder with 2k of pressure behind it!

You both are correct! That happens so rarely these days.  More threads IS better in the thin-walled tubes, BUT higher shear strength of a larger diameter screw is very important since that lateral pressure on the shaft of the screw is what would fail if one were to "adios" on you.

I learned this the hard way about 7 years ago when a new rotary engine porting and Barry Grant Race Demon carb literally slung the passenger side drive wheel off the rear.  It happened immediately since it is a limited slip differential and the one was gone before the other engaged or it would have broke both sides!  The threads of the lug studs did not fail.  The torque sheared all four studs off immediately and launched the tire.  I had to comb the woods to find the brake hub.  Very lucky this happened during tuning as I would hate for that to happen during a "spirited drive" on some back road twisties.  Solution: 160,000 psi rated tensile / shear strength dirt track racing style lug studs of the same thread / diameter / length, but far far beyond the possibility of ever doing that again.  Same principle.

Silence is golden. Duct Tape is silver. Gravy is brown.

2400KT bulk fed repeater .22
2260 .22 w/ steel breech
2250XE .22
Benjamin Discovery .22
Benjamin Marauder .25
Crosman 1077 WOOD .177
Crosman 1077 BLACK .177
Benjamin NP Trail .177
Crosman 2240 Camo .22
Crosman 2240 polished .22
Crosman 2300KT .22
Dan Wesson 8" .177
Crosman Vigilante .177
Hatsan A44PA .25
Hatsan A44W .25
Sheridan 2260
Benjamin Trail NP XL .25
Benjamin Titan NP .22
Benjamin Marauder Pistol .22
Benjamin 392 .22
Sheridan C9 PB 50th Anniversary .20
Crosman 1701-P .177

Trophyhunter49

Well I had 30 but down to 27 now. Sold 3 at a yard sale this weekend for my Granddautghters Med. bills. So they went for a good cause. Want take long to replace them with some more and more and more LOL

airriflenut

Nowhere near as many as I would like to have! :( :(

Just a measly 3 at this point:
1377 mod
2400KT .177 in-process for the wife (shootable at least)
2240 to 2260 (.177) "mixed breed"...full-out custom bulk feed hunter (still waiting for all of the parts)

Now I'll have a complete spare frame and bare 2240 tube to play with, mentioned a riser breeched full-length shroud pistol to the wife today...I got the "one raised eyebrow" look so I guess that project will be on hold. :( :(
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

karatekid1975

You guys make me look like a rookie. I have just 6 guns .... note to self ..... buy more guns  ;)
Laurie

Crosman 2240 pistol
Crosman Quest 1000x rifle
Crosman stock 760 (1972) pump master
RWS 34 Diana rifle
Former Crosman employee ;)

Crosshairs

Quote from: airriflenut on October 08, 2013, 03:42:06 AM
Nowhere near as many as I would like to have! :( :(

Just a measly 3 at this point:
1377 mod
2400KT .177 in-process for the wife (shootable at least)
2240 to 2260 (.177) "mixed breed"...full-out custom bulk feed hunter (still waiting for all of the parts)

Now I'll have a complete spare frame and bare 2240 tube to play with, mentioned a riser breeched full-length shroud pistol to the wife today...I got the "one raised eyebrow" look so I guess that project will be on hold. :( :(
Quote from: punchpressqueen75 on October 08, 2013, 03:50:10 PM
You guys make me look like a rookie. I have just 6 guns .... note to self ..... buy more guns  ;)
Think positive guys Laurie 6 is more then 5 and 3 is more then 2 if you get what i mean.
                                      Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

quickster47 †

Enough to do the job if it becomes necessary.  :D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

daxvlx47

well I have 18 so far....Not-bad for just getting into airguns 6 weeks ago....Pure-FUN!!!   At 65 yet-LOL

targettgii

Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

airriflenut

Quote from: daxvlx47 on October 12, 2013, 04:49:13 AM
well I have 18 so far....Not-bad for just getting into airguns 6 weeks ago....Pure-FUN!!!   At 65 yet-LOL

18 in just six weeks!!!!  :o :o
I'm jealous!!  As the saying goes, "If I had the money I would.....".  I would have a house built with a basement with a real vault in the corner, when the heavy door was opened the eyes would be overwhelmed display of shooters glory...powder AND air!!!

I'm pleased that you have jumped into airgunning at the young age of 65!  :-* :-*
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

rangerfredbob

My last post in here with a number was 20 airguns, then I got a lot of 62 from Craigslist but 4 sold so that leaves 78 airguns in my house :), I should really thin that out a little more, they're all over the place... :)
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

DRAGON64

Crosman Backpacker 2289 - .22
Crosman 1322 - .22
Crosman Pumpmaster Classic - .177
Crosman 1377 American Classic (refurb) - .177
Bemjamin Marauder (refurb) - .177
Beeman R9 - .22
Diana 34 Pro Compact - .177
Gamo CFR - .177
"He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster, and if you look long into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you." - Friedrich Nietzsche

Crosshairs

Didn't count but I would guess at least 135.
Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

Hunter2011

While browsing this thread I see even guys with lots and lots of guns don't own PCP's from brands like FX, AA, Weihrauch or so. What is the reason for that?
I currently own only 5 airguns but with these 5 I can do anything one can realistically expect from airguns. So I doubt I will buy any more at this stage, but you never know.

My list
1. Crosman 2240  .22
2. Crosman 1077  .177
3. Gamo PT-85      .177
4. FX Ranchero.    .177 PCP. (Longer barrel and cylinder fitted, as well as a carbine wooden stock) My favourite gun of all.
5. Webley Axor     .20 PCP (24.7 FPE)