Modding my PC77 has begun

Started by vertguy, September 05, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

vertguy

Now that I had some time (~1 week) of getting to know my new PC77, think I have my modding plan figured out. Per my intro post, I started out kind of crazy with ordering a bunch of mods without even having the gun yet. Luckily many of the those vendors are very slow to ship, so I had time to rethink my approach and cancelled the orders with Cothran and Mellon Air. But I do still have walnut grips/pump arm getting done by RB grips (hopefully those will be done next week).

Although I have not started plinking critters in the yard (yet), the couple little mods I completed have made a huge difference with my accuracy that include a Crosman steel breech and LPM mim rear sight, Archer super sear, and Mac1 trigger spring and longer bolt handle. The washers that came with the super sear removed the remaining trigger slop (which was actually not bad out of the box).

I almost ordered a DBO kit, but changed my mind and just decided to mess with 1 gun (for now). Next up is a longer barrel from some place like BnA as I want to stick with .177 cal along with the other required parts (2289 barrel band/screw & fiber optic front sight) and some type of removable stock. I really like the Mellon Air stock adapter, but not willing to wait 3 plus months right now. So I may just get a Backpacker style and order the Mellon with a Tippman adjustable stock later.

When ordering the required Crosman parts for the longer barrel, I may go ahead and get a 2250 barrel just to have that as an option. This is probably covered elsewhere in the forum, but does Crosman sell a 22 cal bolt for their steel breech seperately?

Amazing how I went from reading Mustang forums all the time and looking for ideas for the car... to now being totally sucked into these little guns. But it is nice to have something new to mess with, which is also much cheaper to mod than my car :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

bgmcgee

Bitten by the crosmaniac bug. Cool deal on the first mods.  Check with bluefork about a barrel band and stock adapter. I have his wire stock and it is nice not sure if you want to go that route though. Highly recommend the barrel band much nicer than the Crosman band. Check hpasports website for some parts too Joe ships quick.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

vertguy

I looked for the Bluefork stock adapters, but they are currently out of stock and I don't see a listing for a wire stock (which is really what I want). And you are right about their barrel bands and other parts like the muzzle brakes as it would look a ton better than the Crosman plastic.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

chongman

You should go direct to bluefork if you want a wire stock.  He's a member of the forum. Search members and from there you can email or pm (email probably better, pm box may be full).

Someone should be around to give you a part number on the Crosman black steel bolt probe.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

vertguy

I just saw one of his FS ads and sent an email about the stock and adapter... Thanks.

PC77
FX Verminator .22

Colt25

WARNING: Once you mod your 1377, you'll never stop.

vertguy

Agreed. The more I look at sites like blue fork, the more mods get added to the to do list like their trigger assembly along with a rubber Hogue rubber grip.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

brz-ryder †

Check here on the forum for the part no. for your barrels they are cheaper then most places unless you have a length the isn`t listed

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 highly modded
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

vertguy

I have the p/n for the 2250 barrel (2250-019) and I assume they can be picked up fairly cheap from many vendors. But from my research, I will need a barrel custom cut/crowned to get a .177 at 14 inches.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

brz-ryder †

One thing i forgot to say was check out Ebay some times you can find barrels there for a so-so price , I didn`t go thru the whole site this evening didn`t have the time but seen one 24" ,177 barrel i have seen 14" 14,5" one on there for descent prices

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3
Crosman Vigilante
Crosman 1861 shiloh
Daisy 1140
Beeman p17
ruger mark 1
hatsan supercharger 25 in .22
Crosman heritage 2260
Crosman AS2250XT
Winchester M14

1377x

best price for the 2250 barrel or any factory length barrel is going to be directly from crosman. the custom length barrels are going to range in price depending on where you go
iirc i get barrels cut and crowned any length for $20/otd
cant say for sure who has the best prices on the web or who does the best job
when muzzlemack was doing custom length barrels i would say they did the best job with the best prices liked the crown they used tp put on them. now ??? idk
closed mouths dont get fed

vertguy

I have been watching eBay and did find several 24 inch .177 cal barrels, but nothing else aside from the stock 10 inchers. So I will more than likely just order one from www.airgunbna.com along with getting the 2250 barrel direct from Crosman. I still need to find the Crosman p/n for a steel 22 cal bolt as they are priced stupid expensive on eBay ($22).

Greg from BF does have the wire stock and adapters available, so I will be ordering one along with a barrel band tonight.

Thanks for all the input!
PC77
FX Verminator .22

brz-ryder †

sorry can`t find the .22 bolt from Crosman had the .177 number

Jim
my shooters
Crosman 2240 stock
Crosman 2240 polished
Crosman stubby 2240
Crosman 116 x3