Modding my PC77 has begun

Started by vertguy, September 05, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

vertguy

Several more orders completed today including a hpasport Tippmann 98 stock adapter (they just showed up as available on their website this morning) along with a Rap4 98 adjustable stock from ANS gear ($14 shipped).
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

closed mouths dont get fed

vertguy

I am looking forward to it as well. Another order placed with Crosman for the 2250 barrel, barrel band & screw (billet version out of stock at BF, so this will be interim), backpacker front stock and a 2300 muzzle brake for a grand total of $39 shipped. As most others have stated, they were great to order from. Now the wait begins...
PC77
FX Verminator .22

chongman

Quote from: vertguy on September 06, 2013, 08:30:27 PM
I am looking forward to it as well. Another order placed with Crosman for the 2250 barrel, barrel band & screw (billet version out of stock at BF, so this will be interim), backpacker front stock and a 2300 muzzle brake for a grand total of $39 shipped. As most others have stated, they were great to order from. Now the wait begins...

Go to the HPA Sports web store, register, and click the box to be notified of new products and news.  This will get you an email when BlueFork stuff is newly available. The emails also tell you how many are in stock so you can decide if you can afford to wait!
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

vertguy

After exchanging a couple messages with Greg at BF, he hooked me up with a barrel band along with an aluminum stock. Now I just need to patiently await the delivery of all these parts!
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

in the mean time you can get baseline testing done

vertguy

Quote from: 1377x on September 08, 2013, 08:05:36 PM
in the mean time you can get baseline testing done

Agreed and finally had some time tonight to do some more sighting in with the new LPA rear sight. I am either tired today or my glasses prescription needs updating as I was having a tough time using the open sights (another fun aspect of aging).  Only a handful of my shots were "acceptable". But then again I am very rusty at shooting as it has been many years since I squeezed off a shot.

If my focusing issue continues with the open sights, I am moving to a red/green dot sight scope (which I ordered today). I assume the longer barrel swap should also help... Along with continuing to get some practice. If nothing else, this gives the annoying burrowing critters in the yard a temporary reprieve!
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

as the old saying goes practice makes perfect
once you the feel of a gun shooting it gets easier
the other day i was at my mums house. there was a nutter scurrying about the roof,it wouldnt sit still. i pulled out my trusty red dot sighted 1377 took aim on my moving target pfft, twack, stop, drop and roll right off the roof. with a thud it hit the ground the ghost was already gone
thats the thing i love about red dots moving targets are so easy to dispose of. i use mine both eyes open. the one thing i hate about red dots or at least the millet sp-1, no auto off. i forget to turn the dot off then the next time i go to use it, it is useless GRRRR!!! i wasted a brand new durracell in week using it only 3x. these batteries are not cheap unless i go to micro center
moral of my tale is remember to turn off the dot ;)

vertguy

Quote from: brz-ryder on September 06, 2013, 05:25:06 AM
Found a .22 bolt i`ll send it out with the rest

Jim

I came home tonight to a mailbox that was full of mods including several parts that Brz-Ryder sent unsolicited after reading my plans. It is great to see a community where folks do little things like this... Can't wait to return the favor!!!

Too late tonight, but I plan to add the new stock adapter and Rap4 stock first thing after work tomorrow. Hopefully one of the new barrels will be here shortly as well.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

Thought I would do a quick install of the BFD stock adapter and squeeze off some shots with the new set-up tonight... not. Having issues now with the bolt not fully cocking the hammer. It seems like the tolerances are much tighter with the adapter verses the stock plug as it works with both mounting bolts slightly loose. But as soon as I tighten them fully, it cocks once or twice before the issue resurfaces. I also noticed the adapter is hitting the back edge of the steel breech and after a quick measurement with a caliper, I confirmed the BFD is exactly .001 larger... so the adapter will not sit flush with the back of the gun (only cosmetic, but not acceptable). I plan to drop BFD an email tonight.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

i think the stock adapter has a power adjuster in it. if it does it turned in to much? that will cause the problem you describe. just back it out and cocking should be fine

vertguy

No power adjuster with this version, but I will try your recommendation in the other thread and will cut a couple coils off the spring. I even noticed some issues when testing with the stock plug, so it would appear the current spring length is right on the edge of being too long.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

vertguy

Yes as it has a recessed area for the spring just like the stock plug.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

the spring guide adds a pee-load to the hammer spring, cutting a coil or 2 off should help or try it without the spring guide first