Modding my PC77 has begun

Started by vertguy, September 05, 2013, 02:03:20 AM

bgmcgee

When I bought one of bluefork's wire stocks the adapter didn't fit right either. Greg mocks them up with his breeches which doesn't have the little overhang in the rear. I contacted him and he made it right quickly.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

vertguy

As everyone has stated, Joe at BFD is super responsive and is working with me on getting this resolved.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

Joe is making a couple tweaks to another stock adapter and sending it out. I guess mine was the first one with the new design that was shipped and the feedback from my fitment/cocking issue will be incorporated into the new specs.

Many goodies showing up as my B&A barrel is out for delivery, walnut RB grips arrived yesterday and my Crosman order is in route as well. Lots to play with this weekend!
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

sounds like you have your hands full
gonna be a fun weekend
closed mouths dont get fed

vertguy

Lots of honey do's on the list today, so all that I was able to complete was the quick swap of the frame grips with RB's... wow, what a difference in how these conform to your hands compared to the stockers. Next up is the longer barrel and matching pump arm. The B&A barrel does have the small mounting divot on the muzzle end, but the crown looks good and I plan to run some type of muzzle brake so it will be covered.

I also have my first "critter kill" today as the little digger that was in the fire pit making a mess there and in the garden stuck his head out 1 time too many. I was a bit surprised the first head shot did not take him out, so I had to pump another one into him to finish things off. I am using Crosman Destroyers, so maybe something a little bit more aggressive is in order.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

1377x

i have used destroyers on nutters they work pretty good imo
if you want proven pellets try predator poly mags they reign supreme imo
it was probably already dead but didnt know it yet. plus around this time of year these critters seem to go into zombie mode

vertguy

Since I wanted to limit tear downs, I waited for my recently ordered o-ring style pivot pin to show up along with the BFD barrel band before installing the 14 inch .177 cal barrel. After a quick run through the pivot pin hole with a 3/16 drill bit as there was just a touch of misalignment, the new pin slid right into place through the BFD barrel band (sweet piece BTW!). With the donated fiber front sight installed, I headed to the basement for some dialing in.

Man, what a struggle trying to get a decent grouping. My windage was spot on, but elevation was a major challenge. I finally started getting a small number into an acceptable grouping (everything was low), but either my vision is that bad or it is time to change up to the new UTG 30mm Red/Green Dot Sight that I picked up last week from Optics Planet. But since everything was almost in a straight vertical line and I would get every 4th or 5th shot around the center, it is probably the shooter more than anything :o

Enough fun for the night, but here's a couple pictures of how it sits now. I also picked up 2 different style stocks (HPASport stock adapter & BFD wire stock), but for sighting it in I am having better luck just laying the pistol across a table.

PC77
FX Verminator .22

bgmcgee

Very nice. That's. a clean look you have going there.  :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

1377x

wow!
good job on the furniture!
looking good!

onebaddj

thats a nice looking build you have going. cant wait to see the finished product.

on them nutters they can be surprisingly tough. i only have 1 airrifle i call zombie proof and thats my 22 cal 350 mag with vortek kit in it.

scariest thing on earth would be a 300lb squirrel.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

mudduck48

Quote from: onebaddj on September 24, 2013, 05:38:06 PM
thats a nice looking build you have going. cant wait to see the finished product.

on them nutters they can be surprisingly tough. i only have 1 airrifle i call zombie proof and thats my 22 cal 350 mag with vortek kit in it.

scariest thing on earth would be a 300lb squirrel.
How about this one?
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

onebaddj

vertguy

Thanks for the compliments. I have to say this gun is coming across nicely and by far one of the best mods are the RB grips. I was originally wanting to go with an all black look, but there is no way I am removing these new grips. But I did muff up the finish and need to do a little repair as I ended up allowing the punch to slip off when driving in one of the pins. I need to drop Ralph a note to see what kind of finish he used as I want to replicate it once the repair is complete.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

onebaddj

dang that stings. sounds like my kinda luck. get something really nice and in the blink of an eye, pop theres a beauty mark on it. hope you get it all dressed up again. on a good note the first ding is out of the way. kind of relieves all thr stress of cradling it and trying to make sure is protected at all times to prevent the first scratch.