2400KT arrived!

Started by airriflenut, September 06, 2013, 06:53:09 AM

airriflenut

Well, the much anticipated CCS 2400KT, 18", .177 arrived today.  I must admit, I was a bit underwhelmed!  The trigger is stiff as a hickory axe handle, the barrel exterior finish/machining is rough as a dried corn cob.
Not really what I was expecting for a "custom shop" gun.

But I do see a lot of potential.  I've already have the LDC parts made, got a highly polished brass bolt made (I used a stock bolt as a general guide) and a few other goodies.  I'll take some pics of the parts and then gun in a few days in the co2 mod section. 

Buying it this way from CCS did save a bit of $$$ compared to parting it out but next time I think I will just part out the build and get exactly what I want.
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

bgmcgee

Congrats I guess.  ;D Bummer on the condition though seems like Crosman is really slipping on the
Q.C. lately.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

chongman

Regardless, congrats are in order.  Those "corn cob" barrels really p*&#s me off too.
Long days and pleasant nights to you...

1377x

congrats!
tobad about the parts quality
i said in an earlier thread i have only seen 2 bad barrels and one came off a custom shop gun. the only difference is the tube really the rest of the parts are common parts. long ago they used to come with grip frames with no cast marks, now from what i have read they have the same grip frame as the stock guns
closed mouths dont get fed

T191032

Nice thing is the trigger is adjustable.  You can adjust it down lighter, and head over to Ace and get a lighter spring too, see this thread - http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,12376.0.html

Of course, some like to take their guns up a notch or three, polishing & such, so hope you enjoy.
It ain't like it used to be but, eh, it's do.

airriflenut

I've got a True Value store a bit over 2 miles from the house, I've been in many (too many) times for springs, o-rings, etc.  They usually know where I'll be headed when I pull in.

I like them over Ace for o-rings tho.  Ace has gone to individually packaged o-rings, my local store still has the pull-out drawers with loose o-rings so I can take a part in and actually test fit.

I got a good selection of "possible" springs there as well.  My 1377 Scorpion has a hammer and valve springs I got there...gotta love the small town stores. 
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

onebaddj

congrats on the new gun. got a 2400 from them set up the same way just on 22. stock trigger was sloppy and stiff but a little work and it is sweet now. ibe never seen a crsman barrel look as pretty as the barrels on my springers. they just dont finish them the same. they are fun little guns to tinker with though. have fun and cant wait for the pics.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.