my trigger mod

Started by 1377x, September 15, 2013, 07:29:36 PM

1377x

some time ago i made a new blade for my trigger out of brass tubing. i took the brass tube cut it in half this is the result

it made the feel much better but after playing around with the tko1911 trigger it got me thinking. the position of my finger on it made the travel feel like the sear released at a shorter distance. that's when the idea of adding a face to the brass blade mod came. there is a difference in materials being bound together here. i don't know if brass can be soldered to pot metal so i used jbweld,which has worked great so far. since i don't have any flat brass stock i decided to use the stainless steel stripping on hand. that i know cant be soldered, i tried several different ways, they all failed to hold. i could only get brass soldered to brass. that holds great.
out comes the jbweld again. i mixed it up as usual let it set for a minute or two,its the quickweld which sets in five minutes. it was then applied to the s.s strip i cut and to the pot metal and brass. clamped it all together overnight letting it cure. the next morning i checked it was all solid and ready for testing.
i put a coat of liquid electrical tape on it. that gives it a rubbery feel that keeps my finger in place.
this is a concept it looks rough but feels good. i also did the bb mod to the trigger where it meets the sear. i guess its called the roller trigger mod but i did it to take up the slack in trigger travel. i love it. it finally feels like my firearm triggers. no pre-travel and instant release of the hammer
next up is to make a new d-mod trigger shoe(it looks like a backwards D to me) out of aluminum so i can get rid of this concept trigger
a trip to the hardware store is in order.

closed mouths dont get fed

woody67

Looks good. I have the same mod planned for a 2400kt thats on its way to me from the custom shop.

I will be usuing the stock trigger from a condor. Ill post a pic of it later, but it will create the same look/feel you did there.  Nice work!

bgmcgee

Great idea Ed. I have a flat bladed trigger on my 10/22 and really like how it feels. Might have to give your idea a try on one or three of my pistols. :-*
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

1377x

Quote from: woody67 on September 15, 2013, 08:14:47 PM
Looks good. I have the same mod planned for a 2400kt thats on its way to me from the custom shop.

I will be usuing the stock trigger from a condor. Ill post a pic of it later, but it will create the same look/feel you did there.  Nice work!
please post it. thats one i would like to see

Quote from: bgmcgee on September 15, 2013, 08:22:13 PM
Great idea Ed. I have a flat bladed trigger on my 10/22 and really like how it feels. Might have to give your idea a try on one or three of my pistols. :-*
cool! i need to to do some work on my 10/22 its been almost 2 years since i last shot it.

thanks! cant wait to make a better looking trigger i like the way this one feels
i could do it to my 1701 trigger just to see how much difference it makes. i have extra triggers and sears for that one

woody67

Quote from: 1377x on September 15, 2013, 08:33:22 PM
please post it. thats one i would like to see

Will do, although i dont think it will work very well. Im actually expecting the condor trigger to break while i grind it out to fit on the crosman trigger.

1377x

this gives me another idea to try. if i am thinking of the right trigger its something along the lines of bgmcgee's 10/22 trigger or maybe like the trigger i had on my cobray mac-11. it was a straight blade with some tubing around it 
bgmcgee if you could post a pic of the trigger you have on the 10/22 it would be appreciated
right now i am thinking of cutting the blade off, drilling and tapping whats left,run a screw cut off the head put some tubing around the screw like some water line for the frig.

bgmcgee

Sorry I took so long to get ya a pic of the trigger but here it is hope this works for you.

screen shot tool

1377x

thats the ticket!
i figured that was the trigger you had
ideas ideas!

bgmcgee

With the thumb hole stock it just feels real good. Having a 8 oz. break on the trigger helps too.

1377x

thats a kidd,right?
now this is ringing a bell. i was supposed to buy a trigger from someone here i think but i totally spaced it out and cant remember who im starting to think
i have a re-worked stock trigger on my 10/22 though its not as nice as the reworked trigger on my '74 10/22 it does the trick
around the same time as i was going to get the trigger a laminated stock came up for sale was going to get that too but the seller stopped communicating. he wanted to send me the stock i wanted to pick it up as he was close to me. there must have been something wrong with it ???

bgmcgee

That would have been me. ;D.  You were into the r/c mode at that time. I still have it or atleast my sons boss still has it but still hasn't brought it back. Oh and yes that's a Kidd 2 stage, pricy but a very nice trigger.

1377x

oh yeah!  the r/c's slowed way down on them they all sit needing parts now. thought its about time to give my guns some attention. just got some parts in for the crosmans
i ordered the wrong grips but I'll still use them
i do need to give my 10/22 some attention it had the the crown redone recently but i haven't had time to go to the range and see what difference it made. before the recrown i was shooting .31 10 shot groups at 25 yards with cci subsonics oh, i was rested on some roiled up and duct taped jeans. hopefully the same ammo works good. i like the cci blazer for plinking
oops got off subject

took my 1377 to the air gunsmith today. i showed it to him, he liked it. then he put his finger on the trigger looked at me and said " i have done some of my match gun triggers like this." that shocked me. he shot it and gave it a nod.

bgmcgee

Can't get much better of a thumbs up on your trigger than that.