Looking for advice/parts list for a tethered CO2 bulk fill 2400 ratter

Started by wahoowad, September 28, 2013, 05:38:10 PM

wahoowad

I'm considering modding my .22 2300kt w/ 10" barrel and convert to CO2 bulk fill, and leaning towards wearing the small/medium tank in some type of waist belt/holster.

This 2300 is my ratter where I take 50 to 150 shots a trip. Powerlets produce velocities from 508 down to 450 for 30 shots and my goal is to 100+ shots somewhere between 500 - 525 fps as that has proven to be the sweet spot for fast knockdown/kill on these rats. Anything over is producing over-penetrating ricochets, anything under 475 often produces runoffs (despite that 90% of my shots are confirmed headshots). 500 to 525 generally anchors them in place  :-*

If my stock valve is already producing 505 fps with Powerlets for the first 4 shots then perhaps I don't need an additional aftermarket valve? A larger tank with more volume will keep me at or near that output, right?  If so do I simply need something like the GMAC Powerlet Eliminator and a tank/hose setup for the tethered part?

arkmaker †

I Am A Natural Mad Air Gunner  -  Full Of Hot Air & Ready To Expel It Quickly!

114 Rifle, 2240XL Pistol, 1861 Shiloh Pistol, 357 Pistols, Titan GP Rifle, PM66 Rifle, 2400KT .177 LW Carbine, CZ T200 Rifle, Benjamin Discovery .177 Rifle, Hammerli 850 Air Magnum in .22

wahoowad

Any recs for an appropriate size bottle to wear on the hip or possibly in a fanny pack I wear in the front? I don't know much about CO2 bottle sizes and capacities. I may look for a size where I can buy several bottles to always have a full spare.

Also - I assume this tethered setup with the GMAC eliminator is something I can quickly remove the GMAC eliminatoir and pop a powerlet in if I find myself with an empty tank, correct?