Can my 2300kt be as accurate as my tuned Disco?

Started by wahoowad, October 06, 2013, 02:43:18 AM

wahoowad

I have a Mac-1 'accuracy prepped' Disco that stacks pellets at 30 yards.  It shoots 20 to 22 ft-lbs and is very quiet with a TKO but the pellet sounds like a 22LR when it smacks my targets. I called Mac-1 and was advised the power adjuster won't let me reduce the power very much.

So I'm thinking about this 14" barrel I'm about to put in my 2300kt (and removing the 10" I ordered it with). The Disco has a 24" barrel but I've read (  ??? ) that any additional barrel length over 14" or 15" doesn't really improve accuracy. So perhaps my 2300kt with new 14" barrel can be as accurate as my Disco shooting from my bench?

I would be willing to put one of those screw on gadget things to convert from C02 to HPA on and shoot it tethered from my regulated scuba tank so I can have a nice long shooting session without swapping powerlets. I can run it on 850 psi and keep the current valve, correct?

WyoMan

Depends on the barrel...the bore smoothness, pellet fit, rifling uniformity, restrictions or loose spots, etc. etc....but doesn't depend on the length.
This shoots perfectly:

Shorter barrels have less lock / dwell time so they are less sensitive to reactionary movements (target pistols barrels are short)
Longer barrels have a longer sight radius (open sights) so the POA can be more precise
Can't help with the HPA but others may chime in....
Wyo
Welcome to your life :)
Member of the Western Heretic Alliance

1377x

we cant talk about the unsafe gadget here but if you are running co2 at 850 psi then you can keep the valve
please do not go into discussion about the gadget. pms are a good way to communicate
closed mouths dont get fed

wahoowad

I tried to PM you to get more info about this ban on the unsafe gadget but your inbox was full  :P I thought I recently received some advice about it here

QuotePM could not be sent to '1377x' as their inbox is full!

1377x

Quote from: wahoowad on October 06, 2013, 03:28:54 AM
I tried to PM you to get more info about this ban on the unsafe gadget but your inbox was full  :P I thought I recently received some advice about it here

sorry to be the bearer of bad news
heres the policy
http://www.crosman-air-pistol-owners-forum.com/board/index.php/topic,1228.0.html
closed mouths dont get fed