13xx arrived

Started by Bill in SC, October 22, 2013, 07:19:05 PM

Bill in SC

I stated 13xx because it evolved from a 1377 to a 1322, 24 inch barrel and LDC. I am just getting acclimated to it.  I came home for lunch and shot a 10 shot group at a 1 inch target at 10 meters from the bench, with 5 pumps. 5 of the 10 pellets found the same hole. I have found that the gun is so light that the slightest flinch at all will create misses. When I stay very still and follow through correctly, the pellets find the same hole! My next move will be to get a piece of that foam insulation folks wrap pipes with and wrap it around the top side of the skeleton stock. I've seen pics here of this. That will give me a better cheek weld and improve my accuracy with it. Shooting these light guns demands strict discipline. Target shooting this one should improve my overall shooting skills. I like ONE HOLE shooting and do it with a number of airguns and firearms. I love this little gem!! I will send pics of five shot one hole groups when I get it ironed out. I will also post a pic of the gun when I get a chance to get a good snapshot of it. Nothing special about it's looks. Kinda plain Jane with a long barrel and Crosman shoulder stock. I may also wrap the barrel with leather or something to protect it. It is skinny as a toothpick and I don't want to bend it by bumping it into something!  LOL

Bill in SC

1377x

congrats!
remember to take a brief rest after pumping let the muscles relax
we all should like and want one hole shooting guns :-*
closed mouths dont get fed

bgmcgee

Got to love these 13xx guns. Pretty amazing that something that costs this little shoots this good.
"I've lost what's left of my right mind"

Bill in SC

Thanks for the reply. Yessir, I strive for perfection. I think the gun has it in it. The trigger leaves some to be desired, and certainly contributes to inaccuracy. I may cut the "Long Tom" barrel off, or I may just buy another shorter barrel. Really loving all the aftermarket stuff and forum info pertaining to these guns! Thanks to you all!

Bill in SC

1377x

Bill in SC

bgmcgee

Yup that looks like a fun one. :-*

1377x

looks good!
is that a home-brew barrel band?

Bill in SC

I don't know about the barrel band. Everything came to me exactly like you see it except the foam pipe wrap on the stock. The band seems to work well though as there is no movement in that area.

BB

K.O.

I bet it does great at 20-30 yards also :)
1322XLT(2100/13XX hybyid)750 fps @ 16 pumps w/CPHP 14.3g

MK1322(2240/13XX/MK177 hybrid) 805 fps at @ 22 pumps w/14.3g CPHP

about 5 more 13xxs
Two Daisy 953(# 31x Jan. 1985) & (Sept 2004)
2100b (with old style piston)
.25 Mrod (50fpe tune)
.177 BSA Buccaneer (on the way)

Crosshairs

Very nice Bill in looks like one of my old builds. Great shooter and yes 30 yards is no problem.
                            Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

onebaddj

nice shooter! 13xx should be in everybodies stable.
i wasnt born with enough middle fingers. Marolyn manson.

bgmcgee

Quote from: onebaddj on October 24, 2013, 02:35:06 AM
nice shooter! 13xx should be in everybodies stable.
I agree 100%

targettgii

Nice shooter Bill, everybody should have at least one definitly. :-* :-* :-*
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

Crosshairs

Quote from: bgmcgee on October 24, 2013, 03:32:19 AM
I agree 100%
At least one.
                          Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!