RED BULD LED FLASHLIGHT...I FINALLY FOUND A GOOD ONE!! PICS TOO!!

Started by airriflenut, October 29, 2013, 02:04:57 PM

airriflenut

A short while back I was asking for any sources for red bulb LED flashlights or gun mounted lights.  I got some great replies with some good sources, many thanks to all that helped.

Last week when we were out trying to find a replacement hose for the current bulk feed mod (the first one the paintball shop sold me  was used but it was a black vinyl covered s.s. braid, it had a leak at one fitting) we stopped into Academy Sports.  I don't remember why other than  they have a good hunting/shooting section.  The wife went one way and my boots were making burn-out marks towards the hunting department!! ;D
I wanted to find one of those  inexpensive 9-bulb LED flashlights to mount on my current mod and to check if they had any decent flashlights with red filters since a "true red LED bulb" light was seemingly hard to find. 

Well, I did find the 9-bulb LED flashlight, black bodied and only $2.99 so I snatched it up!!  Then I went over  into the shooting section to see what kind of lights they had for guns...that's when my day changed!!!  As I was gazing upon the different lights I saw it, a true red bulb LED flashlight!!  :D :D :D  It's a NEBO Protec REDLIGHT and only $39.99.  It has several great features, but I'll show and describe them into the pics that fallow.  I showed it to the wife and told her this is the one I was going to get on the next check day...she didn't bat an eye!  :-*

The NEBO REDLIGHT.  A single bulb true red LED hand-held or weapon mounted flashlight.  It has a 4x zoom light beam, comes with a pressure switch AND a push button tail cap if desired.  The solid light has 3 intensity levels, an SOS strobe and tactical (fast strobe).

This is what's in the blister pack; flashlight, pressure switch, tail cap, 3 AAA battery holder and the weapon mount (designed for shotguns but could possibly be mounted to a 22xx tube or even a shroud tube.  The quality of all the parts appear to be of high quality.  I'm impressed with the quality and what all you get for only $39.99.

30mm scope rings were too big for mounting on a Picatinny rail, 1" rings are almost too small but it WILL fit.  The flashlight body is square with round corners.  I got it in 1" rings but there are gaps, the ring screws were long enough to get it secured for mounting tho.  Oh yeah, the tail cap switch glows in the dark!

The 4x zoom  is advertised to illuminate out to 70  yards, I don't doubt that at all.  This is the brightest mode, 4x zoom on the side of the white dog kennel....45 yards away!!  You know it's bright if a cell phone camera can pick it up.

Here I am 15 yards from the kennel, it is on the bright mode and at 1x zoom.  Nice bright broad illumination.

Again at 15 yards, this time  on 4x zoom and bright setting.  Very strong bright red light!!

I haven't had a chance to shoot targets at night with it since my sisters window ( we are living with her on 5 acres at the present time) is right by the door, the other door is right by her bathroom.  I'll have to sneak my "Ultimate Beast" (that's what I am calling the mod I just finished, pics on that in a few days...it is a Beast at over 10 pounds!!! :D :D) some night real late when she's passed out and give it a go.

If any one else is looking for a "true" red LED bulb flashlight you might want to give this flashlight a look!!
Sterling

Nuts about airguns and just nuts in general...but I'm medicated.

KevinP

Kevin
Albany, New York

Crosshairs

Looks like it will do the job i like that zoom option.
                       Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!