New additions: 2400KT & P-rod

Started by vertguy, November 08, 2013, 05:26:23 AM

vertguy

So... after making a decision about 2 weeks ago to just order a 2400KT in lieu of getting of P-rod was quickly changed after seeing an awesome deal on AAG Classifieds for a P-rod set-up (gun, scope, case for $350 shipped). And go figure, both show up on the same day.

2400KT
LW .177 Barrel

P-rod.. per the s/n, this gun is only 8 months old as it was built in March 2013 and looks like new.

Scope that came with the P-rod

All my new toys

I also just picked up a FX Stage 3 pump, so the wait begins before I can actually test out the P-rod as it is shipping tomorrow.

First impressions on the 2400KT:
The gun seems very solid and well balanced. Although I don't have a scope yet, I did cycle a few rounds and it does have a bit of a bark. Nothing that a TKO LDC will not solve, so one is in route. Trigger is firm, but I kind of like it. I plan to add some type of optics and am leaning towards a Walther Open Reflex sight... but may just throw on the Hawk on that came with the P-rod just to get a feel for the LW barrel.

Thanks to CAPOF I went from wanting a simple critter killer in Aug., to having spent way more than I ever imagined on this very addicting hobby. Think all I am missing is a break barrel and BDS's Bronco is very tempting....
PC77
FX Verminator .22

BDS

Ha ha ha  :D

BDS's Bronco is waiting for YOU  :-*

Brian

KevinP

:) ;) :D your hooked ..... welcome ......   :-*
Kevin
Albany, New York

Bill L.

I like the way you roll,you jump right in and buy two of the best ! :-*
I got a new Mark II for my wife and kids... I think it was a pretty good trade.

Crosshairs

Congrats two great shooters you got shoot safe.
                          mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

vertguy

Quote from: BDS on November 08, 2013, 06:39:08 PM
Ha ha ha  :D

BDS's Bronco is waiting for YOU  :-*

I need to let the dust settle as there is 1 more package in route (FX pump). Maybe after that shows up I will drop you a note. Kind of wish my grandson was a little older (currently 2) as he could be another good excuse for getting more air guns.

Quote from: Bill L. on November 08, 2013, 06:58:52 PM
I like the way you roll,you jump right in and buy two of the best ! :-*
In hindsight, I should have started with these 2... and maybe some others and mod spending would have been different. Oh well, this is how I learn and the tinkering I did on the pumper was very beneficial.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

I installed the Hawk scope on the 2400 and yet again, think I found my new favorite gun. After couple tweaks to the scope, I was making groups at 5 meters between dime and quarter size. The accuracy of this gun is all about the shooter  :-*

Having set-up my pumper with a hair trigger, I am really kind of liking the out of the box feeling for this gun. And I may just leave this one alone. My only dilemma now is making an optic decision as I was leaning towards an open reflex Walther, but after shooting with the Hawk I may just leave it on and grab something else for the P-rod... like maybe a Bug Buster.

PC77
FX Verminator .22

targettgii

Nice looking new shooters,2400 looks good with the Hawk on it.
Tom

Modded 1377
Modded 2240
Modded 1322
1750 HPA pistol
Stock 2260(for now)
.22 Gen.2 Marauder
CCS 2300
Custom 1740
38 T

crossliner

Quote from: targettgii on November 10, 2013, 03:23:32 AM
Nice looking new shooters,2400 looks good with the Hawk on it.

Size is about right too..They say it has a fine glass-etched ret  :)

gdm620

Nice set of shooters. 

I have a P-rod and it is my favorite go to gun for everything.  I got really lucky on that one.  It is my most accurate gun I have.  It shoots the best with regular crosman premiers 14.3 gr. domes.   I don't have to buy expensive ammo for it.  It shot that good right out of the box.  It out shoots my other 2 guns with LW barrels.  I like the UTG Compact CQB 3x9x32 scope on mine.  It has mill dot reticle in it.  Adjustable obj down to 3 yards for parrelax.

Have fun with yours and keep us posted on the performance.
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel

vertguy

Quote from: crossliner on November 10, 2013, 04:05:44 AM
Size is about right too..They say it has a fine glass-etched ret  :)
Yes it does. And with the colored crosshairs fired up, it makes target shooting in the basement so much better as I can watch the pellet hit the target. Once I get my new bench set-up, I am sure some super tight groupings will be easy.

Quote from: gdm620 on November 10, 2013, 12:38:44 PM

I like the UTG Compact CQB 3x9x32 scope on mine.  It has mill dot reticle in it.  Adjustable obj down to 3 yards for parrelax.

Have fun with yours and keep us posted on the performance.

That's the exact scope I was considering.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

The Bugbuster and BKL mounts showed up today, so I mounted it to my P-rod and started the dial in process. Man, I love shooting this gun and it is a toss up now between the 2400kt and this one as favorite to shoot. I am not 100% sure about the Bugbuster yet as the short design seems to make the eye relief centering a bit more work than I would like. I may try it out on the Walther as a quick visual seems like it would better with that shorter stock and my crappy vision prefers some magnification as it currently has a Bushnell Trophy Red dot.

The P-rod came with a Hawk and that scope works great on the 2400. And given the same basic set up as the P-rod with the Crosman stock, I may just pick up another one and either return the Bugbuster or see how it works out on the Walther. Regardless, did I say I love to shoot this gun!!!
PC77
FX Verminator .22