Any P-rod owners using a Gaska Mod-Erator?

Started by vertguy, December 06, 2013, 03:19:19 PM

vertguy

Installed one on mine and was a little disappointed by the end result as the TKOs on both my other guns had a much more profound impact. However, after reading the product description on MM's site, it should have 4 baffles... and after pulling mine apart I only found 3. I dropped Jim an email, so I am sure this will be quickly addressed. But curious if anyone else has some feedback on this part's performance.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

vertguy

As always, Jim quickly responded and confirmed a missing baffle would cause the Mod to not work effectively. He is sending another one out.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

woody67

Im going to check mine now....

Mine only has three, but theres no room for a fourth.
With the power way up the mod doesnt do much to the sound. Doesnt make it quieter, more like changes the sound a little.
Id rather have a swift shroud, but i sold the one i had back in january...

vertguy

Wonder if the design has changed for the baffles as mine should easily fit another one. I doubt it will make enough difference even with the 4th baffle, so I will probably just end up ordering a Clague.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

breakfastchef

Clague devices are excellent. He will work with you to tailor his products to you specifications.
Larry

quickster47 †

X2 on the Clague devices.  You can't go wrong with any of his products.

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

vertguy

Problem solved. The missing baffle arrived yesterday from Gaska and with it installed this gun is now just as quiet as my other 2 guns that have 5 inch TKOs. I also contributed to the problem after trying to figure out how to keep the 4th baffle installed as it kept falling out as it is much closer to the front end of the mod... duh, I needed to install the stock shroud cap. Which I had not done in the past. Think I will do a quick test with the stock end cap removed just to see how much that contributes to sounds levels as well.

Now I can plink much more stealthy in the basement :-*
PC77
FX Verminator .22

Crosshairs

Never heard of them do you have a link.
                                     Mike
Treat people the way you want to be treated, Life will be so much better !!!

woody67

gdm620

Quote from: Crosshairs on December 14, 2013, 06:07:21 PM
Never heard of them do you have a link.
                                     Mike
Do you ean the Gaska Item or the Clague?
link for Clague:  http://petersoncorner.com/clague/
Gary
Crosman 1322
Benjamin Marauder Pistol
.177 PCP target pistol
2300kt with LW barrel