BEWARE!!

Started by Trophyhunter49, January 06, 2014, 11:21:10 PM

quickster47 †

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 07, 2014, 04:07:20 AM
And I just bought another 6000 pellets from PA. Should be here Thursday. :-*

No wonder they can't fill my orders, you be getting them all.  ;D

Carl

I've never wanted something so useless in my life.
In Omnia Paratus
1947-05-19 - 2016-07-14 †

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: quickster47 on January 07, 2014, 02:09:28 PM
No wonder they can't fill my orders, you be getting them all.  ;D

Carl
That's rite Mudduck and I are hoarding all the pellets we can and the some LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

mudduck48

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on January 07, 2014, 05:32:51 PM
  That's rite Mudduck and I are hoarding all the pellets we can and the some LOL ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
Hay, wait a minute. I resemble that remark. I'm not hoarding. Hording is where you buy things and do not use them. Look and this. Does this look like I'm hording? ??? I'm replenishing my supply.LOL
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Flex

With the exception of the pellets that are expended while hunting or controlling pests, airgunners should most definitely be using a pellet trap or backstop that allows for the recovery of spent pellets. Of course they can't be reused, but they can be recycled! I'm sure many already do this but I'm pretty sure that a great number of pellets (i.e. lead) are going back into the Earth where they are unlikely to ever being recovered. I'm pretty sure that this isn't a major environmental issue but more of a resource management issue. I know folks are saying "I don't shoot enough to make a difference." but as the number of airgun enthusiasts increases, there will be enough waste to make a difference! Bottom line, collect your spent pellets. Eventually, you'll have enough to make it worth your while to turn them in for cash or some other form of compensation. As the old saying goes--If you're not part of the solution, you're part of the problem. Flex
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

BDS

Not here... not going to deal with the "EPA inquisition" and paperwork associated with bringing TSCA listed materials to the local scrap/metals guy. Copper, brass, alum and steel, fine... lead, no.

Here's some TSCA / EPA reading if you want some details  http://www.gibsondunn.com/publications/Documents/SabovichHearne-TheTSCALeadandTheDivisionOfTheHazardousBullet.pdf

"Heres my 50 pound bucket of lead Mr. Local Scrap guy... What? Fill out this paperwork? uhhh, my name is... uh... Smith, ya that's right, Joe Smith from 123 Penny Lane, zip 00001"
Brian

ped

don't you lads melt the spent lead down to make fishing leads or even cast bullets with?
ped
I am also active on https://ukchineseairgunforum.com

BDS

I'm sure some folks do but... good bullet lead has the right amount of alloy elements like antimony and tin etc added to it so, the "alloy" of all the various brands and types of pellets you would start with is an unknown after the pellets are all mixed in the pot together for melting.
Brian

Flex

Quote from: BDS on January 07, 2014, 07:38:23 PM
Not here... not going to deal with the "EPA inquisition" and paperwork associated with bringing TSCA listed materials to the local scrap/metals guy. Copper, brass, alum and steel, fine... lead, no.

Here's some TSCA / EPA reading if you want some details  http://www.gibsondunn.com/publications/Documents/SabovichHearne-TheTSCALeadandTheDivisionOfTheHazardousBullet.pdf

"Heres my 50 pound bucket of lead Mr. Local Scrap guy... What? Fill out this paperwork? uhhh, my name is... uh... Smith, ya that's right, Joe Smith from 123 Penny Lane, zip 00001"
I concede that I am ignorant of the regulatory aspects of lead recycling with "Mr. Local Scrap Guy". I my case, I collect lead for "home casting purposes ;)". I agree with the fact lead of unknown purity is not always the best for casting but in the case of "just plinking" it works fine for me. While I don't know for sure, I'm guessing that there are a great many individuals that would be more than willing to relieve you of any 50# buckets of "you know what" without the burden of any pesky paperwork.
Daisy Power Line 92
Crosman 781 Single-Pump rifle
Crosman Fury Break barrel springer
Crosman BackPacker 2289g
Crosman 1322c
Crosman 1377c
Crosman PowerMaster 760 SC
Crosman 1377 (2nd variant)
Crosman PumpMaster 760
Chinese B-3-? .177cal
Crosman 2240 (now .177 carbine hybrid)
Daisy 105 B
Crosman A*I*R 17 Single-Pump rifle (Phase I)
Crosman 140 .22cal rifle (Fourth Variant)
Black Ops "Exterminator" CO2  BB revolver
Chinese B 3-1 .22 cal
Bemjamin 132 .22 cal pump pistol
Hatsan TAC-BOSS 250XT CO2 BB pistol
Crosman 1008 RepeatAIR .177cal CO2 pellet pistol
Daisy 717 target pistol

Cwlongshot

Quote from: Flex on January 07, 2014, 10:17:37 PM
I concede that I am ignorant of the regulatory aspects of lead recycling with "Mr. Local Scrap Guy". I my case, I collect lead for "home casting purposes ;)". I agree with the fact lead of unknown purity is not always the best for casting but in the case of "just plinking" it works fine for me. While I don't know for sure, I'm guessing that there are a great many individuals that would be more than willing to relieve you of any 50# buckets of "you know what" without the burden of any pesky paperwork.

ABSOLUTELY!!

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

foxwalker

pellet hoarding  :o .. 0 NO ! ... I got to go to walmart  500 pellets for 6$..  and tractor supply has daisy wadcutters 500  for 3.50 $...the cheapest place ever ...dont tell no one  :-X  ;D

mudduck48

Quote from: BDS on January 07, 2014, 07:38:23 PM

Hay, BDS, you want to get rid of that 50lbs of pellets? Put it in a flat rate Priority box and I will pay for the shipping. Just PM me. ;) ;)
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

rangerfredbob

I've taken in some non ferrous metal for recycling lately and they just ask for a state issued photo ID and that they ship me a check instead of the cash they hand out for the scrap steel... was easy ~20lb of non ferrous metal got me $29... as opposed to the 92lb of steel that got me just under $8...

That said I ordered 8 of the cartons of Crosman pointed pellets (that's 10,000 pellets) from Pyramid a couple weeks ago because the prices on them were going up all over and that was the cheapest way I could find them shipped, and because they had them I ordered 4 cartons of the wadcutters from Walmart as they were under $11/carton... I don't need to buy pellets for a LONG time...
Near McMinnville, Oregon

Have me many an airgun :), count is 102 now...

Tater

Quote from: rangerfredbob on January 08, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
I've taken in some non ferrous metal for recycling lately and they just ask for a state issued photo ID and that they ship me a check instead of the cash they hand out for the scrap steel... was easy ~20lb of non ferrous metal got me $29... as opposed to the 92lb of steel that got me just under $8...

That said I ordered 8 of the cartons of Crosman pointed pellets (that's 10,000 pellets) from Pyramid a couple weeks ago because the prices on them were going up all over and that was the cheapest way I could find them shipped, and because they had them I ordered 4 cartons of the wadcutters from Walmart as they were under $11/carton... I don't need to buy pellets for a LONG time...

Yeah, for at least a week huh?   ;D
Jerry

NW Chicago suburbs

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: rangerfredbob on January 08, 2014, 03:54:27 AM
     I don't need to buy pellets for a LONG time...
;D ;D ;D ;D  When it get warmer I'l shoot 500 to 1000 in 2 or 3 days  ;D ;D

donn

I save my spent pellets, and any other lead I can scrounge, and melt it down for casting sinkers and jig heads for another of my passions; fishing.