BEWARE!!

Started by Trophyhunter49, January 06, 2014, 11:21:10 PM

Trophyhunter49

Beware of pellet prices!!  I have been buying pellets on Amazon.com. all last year for around 8.16 per tin of Crosman HPs and that was with free shipping with 35.00 purchase.  Now the same pellets are 14.95 !! This is just WRONG to have that much of a price incress in less than a month. The last ones I ordered was Dec 16 , price was 8.16 now 14.95 . Buy them somewhere else and lust pay the shipping!  Air Gun Depote and PA. have the deal where you get one free if you buy 3 or 4 tins so the free one kind of makes up for the shipping. 
  I know I'm just blowing off a little steam and I know ya'll don't mind , bscause we all do it at times. So off my soap box for now!! :) : ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

donn

Amazon itself is temporarily out of stock on CPHPs and is shunting the page to Outfitter Country.  If you click below the listing on the other vendors for the item, Amazon at $8.16 Prime is the first listing.

vertguy

Or you just buy in bulk when places like PA offer free shipping AND 10% off ($100 min. order). I did this in early Dec. and although it seemed like a lot to spend on pellets, you can't beat the deal with every 4th tin free plus the discount. My pellet stash should last for quite a while... or at least until the next deal pops up.
PC77
FX Verminator .22

BDS

Yes, that little "sold and ships from" icon says it all, they are diverting to a price-ier store that has stock, not exactly "kosher" but the disclosure is there if you can find it  :D

Have you tried Walmart?
Brian

Cwlongshot

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on January 06, 2014, 11:21:10 PM
   Beware of pellet prices!!  I have been buying pellets on Amazon.com. all last year for around 8.16 per tin of Crosman HPs and that was with free shipping with 35.00 purchase.  Now the same pellets are 14.95 !! This is just WRONG to have that much of a price incress in less than a month. The last ones I ordered was Dec 16 , price was 8.16 now 14.95 . Buy them somewhere else and lust pay the shipping!  Air Gun Depote and PA. have the deal where you get one free if you buy 3 or 4 tins so the free one kind of makes up for the shipping. 
  I know I'm just blowing off a little steam and I know ya'll don't mind , bscause we all do it at times. So off my soap box for now!! :) : ;) ;D ;D ;D ;D

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_Premier_177_Cal_7_9_Grains_Hollowpoint_500ct/318

http://www.pyramydair.com/s/p/Crosman_Premier_22_Cal_14_3_Grains_Hollowpoint_500ct/415

PA seems to be priced the same....

CW
BENJAMIN's: 392PA '11 • Marauder .25 • MAC1 tuned Disco .22 • 397P Nickle '81

CROSMAN's:  1389 Back Packer .20 '86 • Hawthorne M140 4th variant • 357 W/8'' '90 • 760 '75 • 1377 '13 CARBINE LOTS ''O'' Mods • 2200 Magnum '81 (First Gen) • 2100 '13 • 2240 '13 

DAISY's:  25 '10 • Red Ryder • 22X • 922

DIANA's:  34 .22 '05 (RWS)

SHERIDAN's:  Blue Streak '82  Steroid • Blue Streak '65 Steroid • Blue Streak '70 • Blue Streak '72 • C9 Blue Streak

WEBLY's:  Longbow .177 • Hurricane  .177

XISICO's:  XS60c .22 PCP

mr007s

straight shooters
champion shooters

Trophyhunter49

All of this I do know ! The last lead smelter in the US. shut its doors the 1st of the year thanks to EPA. No lead means on pellets! The US. will have to start importing lead and that means a price incress! I now have about 70 tins of pellets .22 62 of .177. It just made me mad that they jumped the price that much!! >:(

mudduck48

In 2006 I told everyone I knew, buy bullets, powder, primers and brass. If you do not reload, buy ammo. Now look. We are worrying about pellets in 2014.  ??? ??? ??? ???
We need to keep going and have fun doing it.

Trophyhunter49

This is very true Mr. Duck !  I have always kept a stock pile of primers,bullets and powder,but I just got into the AG world about 2 yrs ago when I found CAPOF. It seems like everytime I go to WALLYWORLD I buy pellets and now CO2. My youngest sonkeeps asking me why I spend GOOD money on BB guns I tell him they are PELLET guns and when we no longer get PB ammo we can still hunt with the pellet guns!!

mudduck48

And I just bought another 6000 pellets from PA. Should be here Thursday. :-*

Trophyhunter49

Quote from: mudduck48 on January 07, 2014, 04:07:20 AM
And I just bought another 6000 pellets from PA. Should be here Thursday. :-*
:-* :-* :-* :-*

farrlarr

Quote from: Trophyhunter49 on January 07, 2014, 03:37:58 AM
   All of this I do know ! The last lead smelter in the US. shut its doors the 1st of the year thanks to EPA. No lead means on pellets! The US. will have to start importing lead and that means a price incress! I now have about 70 tins of pellets .22 62 of .177. It just made me mad that they jumped the price that much!! >:(

Since the vast majority of lead used in the US comes from recycled car batteries (which account for 80% of lead usage and 96% of which are recycled), the statement about "no lead" is pretty misleading.  Powder burner ammo manufacturers do not use virgin lead (see statements from Sierra, Hornady, etc.), which the lead smelter produced,  and many of them have stated specifically that closure of the smelter will have no effect on them at all.  I doubt that pellet manufacture will be affected, either.  Any price increase that we see will be a result of other factors (perhaps even pellet hoarding, just like the powder burner ammo shortage).
Larry in Idaho

"A man's got to know his limitations."

donn

Quote from: farrlarr on January 07, 2014, 04:35:42 AM
Since the vast majority of lead used in the US comes from recycled car batteries (which account for 80% of lead usage and 96% of which are recycled), the statement about "no lead" is pretty misleading.  Powder burner ammo manufacturers do not use virgin lead (see statements from Sierra, Hornady, etc.), which the lead smelter produced,  and many of them have stated specifically that closure of the smelter will have no effect on them at all.  I doubt that pellet manufacture will be affected, either.  Any price increase that we see will be a result of other factors (perhaps even pellet hoarding, just like the powder burner ammo shortage).

NRA agrees.

mudduck48

Quote from: farrlarr on January 07, 2014, 04:35:42 AM
I'm not hoarding, just buying my Christmas present with my gift card I received.

Trophyhunter49

Not hoarding just like to keep all I can on hand ;)